[Sammelthread] AMD K7 - Sockel A (462)

I just tested to start RW Everything with: HD4350 PCI - Crash Windows
I just tested to start RW Everything with: Readon 9700 AGP - Starting just fine.

Something in the driver must be causing this. A diagnostic start was not enough.

Edit: RWEverything screens for EBED

TREF is manual 2560

EBED-TREF = 2560.jpg

TREFT is auto in BIOS.

EBED-TREF = auto.jpg

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Wenn Du diese Anzeige nicht sehen willst, registriere Dich und/oder logge Dich ein.
many thanks!
That is what I wanted to see. The good news: the BIOS and the option.rom works 100% correct. The bad news: the tool not.

explanation:
If you look on the second screen, you see the values at 60=1A and 61=06. tREF is 16bit, that mean you get together the hexadecimal value = 061Ah (h means it is a hexadecimal value). In decimal the value is 1562cycles (7,8ns x 200MHz), which is a perfect value for a 200MHz DIMM.
For the first screen you get the hex values 0A00h. In decimal it is the destinated value tREF=2560 cycles

Die HWBot Seite lädt wieder so schnell wie früher. Die hatte sich die knapp letzten 1,5 Jahre so dermaßen langsam geladen, dass ich die Lust daran verloren hatte. Sofort ist meine Lust wieder da, muss ich doch gleich mal ein paar Benchmarks machen und hochladen :d Mal schauen, was mit einem Asus A7N8X machbar ist.

I have 2 untested Asus A7N8X. I might run them soon as well. I revised my 2 Enermax 3.3v/5v power supply’s this week. Just the primary caps to replace now. They can help before modding them.

Hi, I have responded on hwbot, but I can write it here as well, just for reference.
I think you're using an older debug build (the title of the app says debug) and the latest beta is nForce2XT_1.0_beta_20200426.zip which should work correctly.
The way it works is that there's a predefined list of values which are displayed in the dropdown and available to the user to pick from.
Next, the TREF register is read and if the value matches one of the items in the dropdown, that item is selected.
If not, and the value is still valid, it is inserted in the correct position and then selected.

In your case you have 1562 on AUTO and the closest value from the table is 1560, so it should be inserted after 1560 and selected.
Please try the linked beta version and report back if it is ok, because I could not find an issue in the code.

I will be checking it tomorrow, I think I have the later version and I was assuming that I use this new version.

Yes, please check and hopefully it's just from the version you're using. For example, @digitalbath's screen from the previous page shows version 1.0 beta and not 1.0 (debug).
The reason for selecting 0016 is that it did not match any value and selected the first available one in the dropdown.
It would be better to display something like "unknown" if the value doesn't match at all, but I really think it is just the version of the tool.

Btw, I plan to finally implement the profiles option soon, since there is no need for anything new in ZenTimings, which was my top priority.

@I.nfraR.ed
Just a question: If I change drive strength or slew rate with the tool, does the tool change both values in the PCI register like 88h ---> 99h? In my version the tool changes only the half of the values like 89h

edit:
Profiles would be very nice and more comfortable to use.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
@I.nfraR.ed
Just a question: If I change drive strength or slew rate with the tool, does the tool change both values in the PCI register like 88h ---> 99h? In my version the tool changes only the half of the values like 89h
That might be an actual bug. I will get the s.A tomorrow and see. It would be pity if I had it wrong the whole time.

Can you please take a look at the registers document (DS an SR are at the bottom) and confirm these are the right addresses.

PS: Yes, I think it is a bug :/. I believe it was correct in some of the older version, but then I must have moved everything to a common function which doesn't take into an account that DS and SR are "doubled" values.
So the correct one should do
Code:
value << 4 | value
and then set the whole 8 bit value
It now sets just the lower 4 bits.

PS: I have made a quick fix, let me know on PM if you want to test it. Don't want to attach it here, since I can't test it on my Zen system, but will do on s.A tomorrow.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
@I.nfraR.ed
This register pages looks fine. They seems to be correct. Maybe there is a mistake in the register in the command rate. As far as I know, the command rate should be in b0d0f1 84:87, not 83:80. Am I wrong?
The DS/SR register are also correct.

The tool reads it from 0, 0, 1, 0x84, 29, 1, which means b0d0f1x84 bit 29, which is in the x87 register, so it seems to be just a documentation issue.
But I will double check that, which means it would be the DFI board then...

The tool ist right about the command rate. It's just the registers documentation.

Hi, does anybody know or Geode NX 1500 cpu's are supported on regular motherboards? I am testing one now on a Epox 8RDA6+ Pro with Digitalbaths DDED bios and it just gives me FF (dead).
I am hoping it is just me doing something wrong. It would be the 2nd dead on arrival in the last week.

I just placed it on a NF7 and it worked. Maybe the Epox board starts at settings it does not like.

Edit This NF7 is the ideal motherboard for testing these things anyway since it never remembers any bios setting after turning it off...
Edit 2: I found something, a voltage of 1.65v gives a no post on my NF7. Stock is 1.1v, 1.3v still works.
Edit 3: Raising voltage to 1.65v in Win XP works fine.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
My ASUS and ASRock boards won't start with the NX1500 CPUs. I have to turn the volt-mods on. Then they start without problem on both boards. The low Vid is the cause for the non-starting on regular boards. They're recognized as normal XP-M CPUs with unlocked multi.

My NX1500 CPUs are not that good, see here: #3.026

They have some strange hickups...
I could boot 1800MHz with 1.4v, 2000MHz needs a lot more, 1.525v does not boot 10x200MHz. 1.6v seems to be running better, any lower crashes it.

I only used voltages> 1.60 / 1.80V on the ASUS / ASRock cards (Volt mods only). So far I haven't had any problems. They seem to stay a little cooler than the normal Thoroughbred B cores. Not sure why. I could run almost 2.10 V / 2400 MHz with air cooling.

I think these are Thoroughbred A, that would explain the cpu clocks. Maybe a few are Tb but mine really seems not to be.
The 2GHz boot run was with a stock Alu cooler so it might do 2.2-2.3GHz. But since i needed 0.2v more to go from 1.8 to 2.0GHz I don’t expect much from it.

I've uploaded beta2 with fixed Drive Strength and Slew Rate: nForce2XT_1.0_beta2_20201127.zip
Should set them correctly now. Profiles are not ready yet.

As for the Geode, I've tested 2 or 3 NX 1500 and quality varies a lot. All of the 3 were the same batch, just different serial numbers.
IIRC one of them was given free to someone, the other one is my cpu for OS installation and board function testing and the 3rd one is on the bot with 3100+ validation.

I've only done some validations for the TeamCup and nothing more: https://bit.ly/3q4sPg1

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Weiß jemand was das hier ist bzw. was es kann?
"CnQnF2Setup" habe ich auf nem Russen FTP gefunden...
bzw. solltet ihr es selbst über Google finden können...

Anhänge

• CnQnF2Setup.zip
    35,3 KB · Aufrufe: 66
Hmm. Interessant. Cool and Quiet macht beim NF2 doch keinen Sinn. Man kann ja bekanntlich beim NF2 keinen Multi im Betrieb ändern. Vielleicht ändert das tool den FSB im Betrieb? Muss es mal austesten.

Es gab dieses CPU Disconnect Feature, vielleicht ist das damit gemeint?

Hallo.

Ich habe meinen Sockel A Retro-PC jetzt zusammengebaut, aber es gibt da noch ein Problem.

Vielleicht kann ja von euch jemand helfen.

Gruß

Habe hier ein A7N8X-E Deluxe zu liegen, das mir Zombieeee überraschend geschenkt hat.

Gibt es irgendwo die 12V Mod Anleitung ich plane das Board komplett zu modden.

Hardwareluxx setzt keine externen Werbe- und Tracking-Cookies ein. Auf unserer Webseite finden Sie nur noch Cookies nach berechtigtem Interesse (Art. 6 Abs. 1 Satz 1 lit. f DSGVO) oder eigene funktionelle Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Webseite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir diese Cookies setzen. Mehr Informationen und Möglichkeiten zur Einstellung unserer Cookies finden Sie in unserer Datenschutzerklärung.

Zurück
Oben Unten refresh