Cleaning (inside) Aquastream XT pump...

Sniper101

Enthusiast
Hi all,

I was wondering how i should clean my chamber (inside) of the aquastream xt pump? Ive send aquacomputer a mail and they said use "cleaning solvent" - "benzine" thing is i dont know what type of benzine.
I was hoping if some one could give me advise what cleaner i should use that is not damaging to the inner parts of the pump and is capable of removing any gunk deposits and how i should do it.

I believe this forum has more aquastream XT users then on the english forums.

Thank you in advance

Wenn Du diese Anzeige nicht sehen willst, registriere Dich und/oder logge Dich ein.
Hi and welcome to the Luxx :wink:

It would help if you could provide us with the pic, too. I have never heard of anyone trying to clean this part of the aquastream (or: any pump at all).

Hi

The mentioned Produkt should be appropriate just be sure you remove the entire pump shaft and everything that sticks to it.

You should be able to use any cleaner as long as it doesn’t dissolve the entire Pump-Case.( no guarantee)

But if it‘s really just "gunk" use toilet paper and remove it manually…..
I use these kind of pumps in Aquariums for more than ten years now and never had "gunk" i couldn’t remove with toilet paper….

Maybe its an Option to use a toothbrush, you can get them in different sizes, and allows you give Pressure on surfaces which are not easy reachable. I would use mild cleaners which not react agrressiv with plastic. Maybe liquid Soap or cleanern for dishes

Ist not a science ;)
The pump’s engine is more or less incorruptible…

But a pic. would really be nice…..
I have to side with DeathMetal, i can‘t image a reason why it should get heavy polluted in a Water-cooling system.

Thank you for all the replies guys,

A picture of the pump impeller or inside of the pump i do not have since the pump is still in use. I can tell you that the pump hasnt been cleaned for 4 years (other components was maintained). Since im updating my rig its also time to clean the pump, all other components will be new (koolance cpu-380i, 1/2ID - 3/4OD koolance compressions, alphacool ut60 360 rad, 2 pairs of koolance QD4 quick release, primochill advanced LRT 1/2ID - 3/4OD, koolance clear pre mix coolant) I dont know if there will be any possible filth/gunk/deposits it might be clean i dont know.

But in any case i neede to clean i was thinking to use "Sysclean HPD" with distilled water to flush the pump for atleast an hour (reservoir - pump back to reservoir) after that il rinse it with distilled so i can get rid of any residue of "sysclean" i wonder if flushing sysclean would be save for the pump impeller/shaft and the rest of the pump.

Aquatuning told me personally not to use vinegar unless its really neccesary however they recommended me "solvent cleaner" or "benzine" ie "reinigungs benzine" there are so many types of reinigungs benzines i might screw up. Hence im planning to use "sysclean HPD" just like in this video instead of vinegar il be using sysclean and distilled:

So is it recommended by you experienced XT users to do the same as the above video with Sysclean?

I honestly dont think my pump is polluted but just in case. I also made a mistake by putting a 90 degree fitting on the inlet of the pump and a 90 degree on the outlet of the pump these will all be resolved in my next build.

Whats Wong on Putting 90 degree in and outlets on the Pump

Whats Wong on Putting 90 degree in and outlets on the Pump

Not neccesary on the outlet but according to others (xtremesystems, overclock) its not advisable to put a 90 degree directly on the INLET of the pump due to flow restriction it will work but its not optimal.

Hardwareluxx setzt keine externen Werbe- und Tracking-Cookies ein. Auf unserer Webseite finden Sie nur noch Cookies nach berechtigtem Interesse (Art. 6 Abs. 1 Satz 1 lit. f DSGVO) oder eigene funktionelle Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Webseite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir diese Cookies setzen. Mehr Informationen und Möglichkeiten zur Einstellung unserer Cookies finden Sie in unserer Datenschutzerklärung.

Zurück
Oben Unten refresh