[Sammelthread] Intel DDR4 RAM OC Thread + Guides und Tipps

dacht schon, das wär zu einfach 😂

Wenn Du diese Anzeige nicht sehen willst, registriere Dich und/oder logge Dich ein.
Personally i have invested a lot of time in slopes with Z490 apex + 3200C14 Dual rank bdie. It has got me no gains, I am starting to think my memory kit is the issue here and i need a more selected kit. Booting to 4400 C16 / C17 is not a problem, 4500 and above becomes an issue with mch fullcheck enabled it sometimes will fail to train, 4600 will rarely train. If you have the right set of dual rank bdie and a good imc i think slopes will be a worthwhile investment but for me it got no gains sadly. 4500C17 + is very hard to boot, even with some vref adjustments and late command training or early command training it is tougher to boot than CL16. At the moment i settled with 4400C16, 4500 was giving me issues one day i do over 4HRS HCI + 2 HRS 112K FFT prime and the next day i boot and run a stress test and system reboots with a black screen no BSOD, sounds like a VTT training issue to me but i can't use a different training VTT with the apex.

It´s also a question of hw, you need a very good ram Kit, the second thing is the temp, i use now 80/48/40 in my case it´s offer the biggest temp range under.
You can also let the ODT on Auto, perhap´s the better choice, if you are work with air cooling.
For me it´s not neccesary to set more termination voltage´s.

And you are right, the memory Kit has the most Impact, with Slope´s i can push arround 66-100mhz more stable, but not more.

I think the big variation of dual rank memory kits is the frequencies they can achieve, some kits will do 4700+ and train this no issues. Some kits seem to struggle 4500 and above, also some kits struggle to train cl17 on the apex 4500 and above. My cpu is on direct die custom loop so temperatures are really good but it is still troubling to get 4500 and above training consistently. Maybe some time i will invest in a new kit of dual rank bdie.

Max. possible Frequency, voltage and reboot stability under load are good indicator.
Cl17 is also a question of cpu.

4000CL16-16 1,36V Vdimm for boot up windows 1,37V for memtest, 4000cl14-14@1,55V boot windows with my kit.

Max boot with no very good imc 4600 without "special things".

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Max. possible Frequency, voltage and reboot stability under load are good indicator.
Cl17 is also a question of cpu.

4000CL16-16 1,36V Vdimm for boot up windows 1,37V for memtest, 4000cl14-14@1,55V boot windows with my kit.

Max boot with no very good imc 4600 without "special things".
That is a very nice strong kit you have there.

It's the best of 5 3200Cl14-14 Kit's with luck^^.
ca. 4770mhz is max possible boot with my cpu/ram without high voltage not over 1,45v io/sa tested.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Salve, was ist eigtl. von den Crucial Ballistix Max 4400 ern 2x16 zu halten ? Habe bisher nur Tests im www gefunden die mit nem AMD gelaufen sind, das kann man ja eigtl nicht für voll nehmen oder ? :fresse: :d

Salve, was ist eigtl. von den Crucial Ballistix Max 4400 ern 2x16 zu halten ? Habe bisher nur Tests im www gefunden die mit nem AMD gelaufen sind, das kann man ja eigtl nicht für voll nehmen oder ? :fresse: :d
ich hab die 4000C18, die hab ich bis 5066C19 bei 1,62V geprügelt bekommen

bei mir liefen sie leider nicht Fehlerfrei auf dem HERO XIII + RKL, daher hatte ich sie verkauft und bin auf die Gskill F4-3800C14D-32GTZN umgestiegen.
zu Gear1 kann ich Dir sagen, das die Crucial Ballistix Max 4400 nicht so gute Latenzen erreicht haben, CL16 lief aber CL15/Cl14 war nicht möglich.

bei mir liefen sie leider nicht Fehlerfrei auf dem HERO XIII + RKL, daher hatte ich sie verkauft und bin auf die Gskill F4-3800C14D-32GTZN umgestiegen.
zu Gear1 kann ich Dir sagen, das die Crucial Ballistix Max 4400 nicht so gute Latenzen erreicht haben, CL16 lief aber CL15/Cl14 war nicht möglich.
Gskill wäre auch meine erste Wahl, aber finde mal welche mit 4400+ in 2x16GB mit brauchbaren Latenzen, die lieferbar sind.... Auf die neuen mit 5000+ brauch man, glaube ich, nicht zu warten wenn man nicht ein Vermögen loswerden will..

ich kann dir sagen, dass sich alles unter 5066 überhaupt nicht lohnt in gear2 zu fahren. Entweder 5333+ oder bleib in gear 1

Hi, ich habe die letzten abenden nochmal investiert und bin aktuell mit den settings unterwegs. Was kann ich noch ausprobieren?

RTL IO-L läuft alles auf Auto. Sobald ich nur einen Wert fest eintrage, hab ich einen Bios reset. Weiss auch nicht, ob es sich lohnt die Werte anzupassen.#

EDIT: vdimm musste ich übrigens auf 1.5v anheben

Anhänge

• 4133xerwo.jpg
    4133xerwo.jpg
    114,7 KB · Aufrufe: 126
Sieht doch ganz gut aus. Im Anhang mein Setting, evtl findest da ja noch was. Bemerkung ich hab 2*8GB. Höher geht zwar auch, aber nicht GSAT stable.

Anhänge

• Screenshot (9).png
    Screenshot (9).png
    452,2 KB · Aufrufe: 97
My current daily settings below, still yet to tune SA / IO i don't need this much. For TWR it gave me issues in karhu even at 20 so i just left it on auto for now. My set of dual rank seems to hold me back with 4500+ but 4400C16 is enough for now. Spend time on 4500 but it doesn't post consistently with MCH fullcheck and when tightening trdwr's it is very inconsistent on booting so no point for me.
4400 Karhu 1.png
4400 TM5 1.png

Es ist nicht viel, aber ehrliche Arbeit :)
1620885390390.png

Es gab doch im Computerbase Forum eine gute Anleitung für GSat (Installation etc). Ich suche und suche, finde die aber nirgends. Hätte hier bitte jemand einen Link? Für 32GB.

Es gab doch im Computerbase Forum eine gute Anleitung für GSat (Installation etc). Ich suche und suche, finde die aber nirgends. Hätte hier bitte jemand einen Link? Für 32GB.
Zuerst aktivierst du das windows Subsystem für Linux, dafür unten links in der Suche "Windows feature" suchen, dann neustarten.

Dann lädst du Ubuntu aus dem MS Appstore, dann starten.
sudo apt update
danach
sudo apt-get install stressapptest

und die Ausführung mit 1 Stunde für 32GB:
stressapptest -W -M 27008 -s 3600 --pause_delay 3700

Vielleicht für dich noch interessant zwecks AVX bei Games OCCT, das fordert auf jeden Fall mehr als Prime NonAVX, wahrscheinlich der bessere Stabiltätstest.
Normal sollte reichen kannst aber auch extrem testen.
oct.jpg

Arg, wollte gar nicht, dass das extra jemand niederschreibt erneut. Danke für deine Mühen.

There was a good guide for GSat (installation etc) in the Computerbase forum. I search and search, but nowhere can I find it. Would someone have a link here, please? For 32GB.
Beitrag automatisch zusammengeführt:

First activate the windows subsystem for Linux, look for "Windows feature" in the bottom left of the search, then restart.

Then you load Ubuntu from the MS Appstore, then start.
sudo apt update
after that
sudo apt-get install stressapptest

and the version with 1 hour for 32GB:
stressapptest -W -M 27008 -s 3600 --pause_delay 3700

Maybe for you still interesting for the purpose of AVX at Games OCCT, that definitely demands more than Prime NonAVX, probably the better stability test.
Normal should be enough but you can also test extremely.
Anhang anzeigen 628396
For me this has been the best cpu core/ring/imc test for daily gaming. Even on AVX games like battlefield there is no issues with stability. The standard version of large avx 2 is fine but extreme will need a bit more vcore. Also doesn't use too much current so easy to cool.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
I have found the issue with booting 4600 consistently for me. With Cas 16 i need TCWL 13 to boot consistently. I have got this booting consistently now and i am working on the slope values, i hope i can have this fully GSAT stable soon.

For 4600 works better with no Sub's at 5.
Tcwl "change" RTL/IOL.
For me the biggest issue was booting consistently, i am testing GSAT now for slopes and have made some passes i just need to make sure this will work boot to boot. If i did TCWL 16 this would not even boot consistently. (With TCWL 13 i use TRDWRS at 14, This is the same performance as TCWL 16 TRDWRS 11) but for me boots all the time.

I am really having trouble setting the right slopes for 4600. I have spent two days but there is inconsistency and i don't have a good testing methodology for it. Can anyone here share their process to finding the correct combination, perhaps a spreadsheet showing the combos you tried for example. I am unsure if i should go with doing pairs, data rising/falling then set those ones and work to the next pair cmd rising/falling and so on or should i find each pair separately with the other slopes auto?

I am really having trouble setting the right slopes for 4600. I have spent two days but there is inconsistency and i don't have a good testing methodology for it. Can anyone here share their process to finding the correct combination, perhaps a spreadsheet showing the combos you tried for example. I am unsure if i should go with doing pairs, data rising/falling then set those ones and work to the next pair cmd rising/falling and so on or should i find each pair separately with the other slopes auto?
The most important thing is to find the best VDimm/Vref before, i have tested ODT 80/40/34 and 80/48/40.
80/48/40 give´s a little bit more boot temp range and 80/40/34 more stability.
i have tested 8h only for boot stabilty to find a sweetspot at 1,535V at 4666CL17-17 with my slope´s.If you have the best voltage and dont forget higher voltage´s are often worse,
you must test the slope´s by try error.
In my case
Rising 10,11,3,10 falling 10,11,7,12 offset all Auto.
Unbenannt.jpg

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Ja für Gear1 sollte das Kit Top sein und das was da haudi fährt ist ziemlich gut bei der Spannung, also nen sehr gutes Kit.
Für den hohen Frequenzbereich kann man da nix sagen, da trennt sich nochmal die Spreu vom Weizen.

Alternative könntest du auch das hier kaufen, für Gear1 sollte das auch Top sein.
https://www.alternate.de/G-Skill/DI...tner=DeGeizhals&campaign=DDR4/G.Skill/1744684

Ich habe mir ein gebrauchtes MSI Z490 Unify mit einem 10850k gekauft und eingebaut . Mit dem vorhandenem Ram (@Monarch) eingebaut und bin soweit schon zufrieden .

Der RAM würde leicht höher gehen , aber ich lasse es dabei weil ich für 4266MHZ schon 1.62V brauche .
Bin aber dennoch überrasch das MSI sich was RAM angeht auch so super Ocen lässt .

Edit : es sind 4x8GB Patriot PVS416G400C9K (4000er cl19)

Hardwareluxx setzt keine externen Werbe- und Tracking-Cookies ein. Auf unserer Webseite finden Sie nur noch Cookies nach berechtigtem Interesse (Art. 6 Abs. 1 Satz 1 lit. f DSGVO) oder eigene funktionelle Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Webseite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir diese Cookies setzen. Mehr Informationen und Möglichkeiten zur Einstellung unserer Cookies finden Sie in unserer Datenschutzerklärung.

Zurück
Oben Unten refresh