[Sammelthread] Offizieller AMD [[ RX6700 // RX 6700XT // 6750XT // X6800 // 6800XT // 6900XT // 6950XT]] Overclocking und Modding Thread [[ Wakü - Lukü - LN2]]

With a 480W power limit you are throttling your card, that's how much a 6800xt draws in time spy, if your card is that hot you need to change / improve your cooling
Beitrag automatisch zusammengeführt:

From what I can see the 6900xt is pulling 100W more than the 6800xt at similar voltages, think what will happen with the next series of gpu's that will be pulling 450W in stock, powering it will be a small thing compared to cooling it, after the oc

Wenn Du diese Anzeige nicht sehen willst, registriere Dich und/oder logge Dich ein.
Mit TVmin / Hystersis hab ich noch gar nichts gemacht.
Ist auch besser so!
PL hoch
Probieren geht über studieren.
Mach so kalt wie möglich am besten heute Nacht draußen mit Mütze und Bild posten.:xmas:
Beitrag automatisch zusammengeführt:

Ich war heute Nacht bei1080w Gesamtsystem.

Mach so kalt wie möglich am besten heute Nacht draußen mit Mütze und Bild posten.:xmas:

Jo, bringt alles nichts Karte wird zu heiß.

Ich vermute, dass was mit der AIO Pumpe nicht mehr stimmt, leider kann man nichts auslesen oder auf Funktion prüfen. /:

Erst ein Wasserblock dann sehen wir weiter ....

Anhänge

• curve.PNG
    curve.PNG
    12 KB · Aufrufe: 119
Gib mal Gas, @Holzmann, was sollen diese 1 mV-Schritte? Wenn die Karte abraucht, bekommst Du eine eigene HOF-Kategorie für besondere Tapferkeit vor TS und kaufst einfach die nächste Karte. 😜

Gib mal 1225 ... Stock ist doch bei deiner Karte schon 1200, oder?

Das ist Mal ne Ansage

well guys don't sleep the records won't beat themselves
unfortunately driver not certified 21.10.4 but we will play with older ones

Anhänge

• 24340.jpg
    24340.jpg
    421,2 KB · Aufrufe: 129
Great work! @Sylwester. (y)

You are one of the best, beside me :d

Wow, @Sylwester. You already made one third of the way to 25k and you are 1k in front of me. Quite impressive.
But my vacation is coming to an end ...

Holizi to how special You are, I'm still a long way away (fortunately), but we have a lot in common, among the thousands of qualities that we have, the greatest is modesty

Ohne i 240
Mit i 540
Genau. Liegt natürlich daran, dass das "i" quasi nicht verfügbar ist. Normalpreis siehe unten (Quelle).

Screenshot 2021-10-30 190105.png

Edit:
Aber dass das teure BQ Dark Power 1000 im Stand schon gesungen hat, ist wahrscheinlich auch nicht normal, vielleicht hatte ich da nur Pech. Man könnte ja @Holzmann nach seinem DP 1200 fragen, aber der ist gerade vollauf damit beschäftigt, seine Bescheidenheit zu preisen (wer findet den Fehler? ;)). Außerdem hat er's glaub nicht so mit Silence. Also stören wir ihn nicht. 🤫

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Kein wunder das das Dark Power gesunken ist , vor allem wenn man sich den Preis am Anfang angeschaut hat.

record on good old 21.7.2
DF_superv does nothing but decrease stability, do not include it

Anhänge

• 24352.jpg
    24352.jpg
    385,1 KB · Aufrufe: 125
Whats about DF_cstate = off

Is it more stable ... only für benchmarking?

Aber dass das teure BQ Dark Power 1000 im Stand schon gesungen hat, ist wahrscheinlich auch nicht normal, vielleicht hatte ich da nur Pech.

Ich glaube auch eher an Pech/Fertigungsstreuung, meine drei DPPs sind fast unhörbar. Es sei denn man quält sie mit irrsinnig hohen Fps (Ice Storm oder Cloud Gate) dann fangen sie leise an zu Zirpen, warum auch immer, an der Last selbst liegt’s nicht.

Mal ausprobieren.

Gruß

Thanks for this great thread, been trying to catch up on as much as possible here :) I have a few questions I was hoping you could help me out. I'm new to Radeon and MPT...

I've read you can unlock the voltage limit, is that also possible on the 6800 (non XT)? If so, can you provide me with some guidance to how that's accomplished? Do I have to flash the bios or can I simple do that in MPT (is it just a change to the SPPT)? I've been messing around with MPT and been able to lift the power limits but it's seems my card won't go more than 233 W no matter what clockspeeds and limits I set and write to SPPT. I'm guessing I need more voltage power?

All the help here is much appreciated!

try 1031mV in the TDV-Section
for both
Vmin low+high GFX
before you also need to enable TDV in the FeatureControl !!!

use it only for benchmarking, may be at 24/7 too much für your cooler

If then the W dont go higher, your card is not "ready" for some extra OC.
(may be the VRM are not good enough by the OEM)

In my case I can also not use some extra W, however it works. (msi gaming X)
The XFX of Hades and the Strixx of DaHell can easily use mooore W, who knows
may be VRM there like the big modells.

edit: if your VRM are not good enough by OEM you can try my values 987-1050mV in the TDV section
the idea for me was, AMD-stresstest = 984mV --> set 987mV in TDV as Vmin GFX
(it should only good work at low temps with a better custom card cooler)

Anhänge

• 1031mV@TDV.JPG
    1031mV@TDV.JPG
    25,3 KB · Aufrufe: 87
  • 0_tdv987-1050.JPG
    0_tdv987-1050.JPG
    28 KB · Aufrufe: 85
  • TDV@FeatureControl.JPG
    TDV@FeatureControl.JPG
    14,5 KB · Aufrufe: 82
Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Thanks for this great thread, been trying to catch up on as much as possible here :) I have a few questions I was hoping you could help me out. I'm new to Radeon and MPT...

I've read you can unlock the voltage limit, is that also possible on the 6800 (non XT)? If so, can you provide me with some guidance to how that's accomplished? Do I have to flash the bios or can I simple do that in MPT (is it just a change to the SPPT)? I've been messing around with MPT and been able to lift the power limits but it's seems my card won't go more than 233 W no matter what clockspeeds and limits I set and write to SPPT. I'm guessing I need more voltage power?

All the help here is much appreciated!
You will be disapointed , i dont know how high is 6800 xt clock limit but with higher woltage , this will be limited Your card

Anhänge

• limit off 6800xt.jpg
    limit off 6800xt.jpg
    469,4 KB · Aufrufe: 93
try 1031mV in the TDV-Section
for both
Vmin low+high GFX

but only for benchmarking

If then the W dont go higher, your card is not "ready" for some extra OC.
(may be the VRM are not good enough by the OEM)

In my case I can also not use some extra W, however it works. (msi gaming X)
The XFX of Hades and the Strixx of DaHell can easily use mooore W, who knows
may be VRM there like the big modells.

edit: if your VRM are not good enough by OEM you can try my values 987-1050mV in the TDV section
the idea for me was, AMD-stresstest = 984mV --> set 987mV in TDV as Vmin GFX
but you also need to enable TDV in the FeatureControl first !!!
(it should only good work at low temps with a better custom card cooler)
Thanks for your quick reply! Why only for benchmarking? Is it just to get an idea if the card can handle the oc? With the customized power limits (Power Limit GPU = 300, TDC Limit GFX (A) = 300 and TDC Limit SoC = 50) I was able to max out my vram and also reaching ~2450 mhz on FurMark, 3DMark Fire Strike etc. I have not stresstested enough so I guess I can't say it's stable but it passes the benchmarks. I'm running a custom watercooled loop so temps are fine with a lot of headroom as well!

In HWInfo/Aida64/Adrenalin the power consumption states the card maxes out at only 233W... So my goal here is to try to either reach higher GPU clock or try to use the potential extra watts to stabilize the OC.

When all these settings are set, what do I do next? "Write SPPT" and restart or do I have to do anything else?
You will be disapointed , i dont know how high is 6800 xt clock limit but with higher woltage , this will be limited Your card
Thanks for your reply as well and great job finding out how to break the voltage lock :d Disapointment only comes when there are expectations, in my case I'm totally happy that I managed to increase both the GPU clock above 2400 mhz and the vram above 2100 just by raising the power limits :d

As described above, I'm looking to try to push the GPU for more if possible but mainly to stabilize the current OC by adding just some more wattage. If it's possible to raise it from the 1025mV to say 1050mV, that might be enough. I'll let someone else keep the world record on the benchmarks :d

Again, whatever settings I setup here, are they saved just by hitting "Write SPPT" and restart or do I need to do anything else?

And also, I don't have the same options/GUI as you guys, this is what my MPT (version 1.3.5) looks like, I'm guessing I need to enable the TDV first? If so, how do I save the settings when enabling it?
R4G8a63.png

0Tf3ZBW.png

IsQTdjp.png

Thanks guys for all your help, much appreciated!

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
with only 233W there is no way to use higher V, ... it depends on the VRM capability (=set by the OEM in the Bios)

why not 24/7
you have to cool the card below 60°C junction

If you can reach mooore W (270+) and use watercooled , then you can use 1031...1050mV daily.

"Write SPPT" and restart is the right way to get the settings at work

edit:
you need a newer beta of the MPT to have also the TDV-Section

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
with only 233W there is no way to use higher V, ... it depends on the VRM capability (=set by the OEM in the Bios)

why not 24/7
you have to cool the card below 60°C junction

If you can reach mooore W (270+) and use watercooled , then you can use 1031...1050mV daily.

"Write SPPT" and restart is the right way to get the settings at work
Ah yeah I do have a watercooled system so I guess that will handle the additional heat. I'm not sure though I understand this correctly, "with only 233W there is no way to use higher V", why is that? Am I missing something? Wattage depends on the ampere and voltage input?

Regarding the temps, below 60C on the junction, when the card was aircooled it sometimes reached waaaay above that limit... why do I need to keep it below 60C?

Thanks for the explanation on how to save the settings, I'll try that :d

EDIT: Just enabled the TDV but my GUI still looks like this, any ideas?

EDIT2: Thanks, I'll download that version

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Look at the Benchmark-Threads, there you will find a information how much Watt are needed with only 1025mV.
and
If you want to go above that you need some mooore Watt.

W=VxA. without enough W there can not be more V

edit: the picture is the very best 6800 and this is a special Edition of Powercolour with better VRM`s,
like the bigger modells, ... so Andybuc can easily use mooore W then you.
(this is a older Benchmark-Run without the new TDV-Tweak of Sylwester)

Anhänge

• Andybuc@6800nonXT.png
    Andybuc@6800nonXT.png
    603,3 KB · Aufrufe: 84
Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Hardwareluxx setzt keine externen Werbe- und Tracking-Cookies ein. Auf unserer Webseite finden Sie nur noch Cookies nach berechtigtem Interesse (Art. 6 Abs. 1 Satz 1 lit. f DSGVO) oder eigene funktionelle Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Webseite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir diese Cookies setzen. Mehr Informationen und Möglichkeiten zur Einstellung unserer Cookies finden Sie in unserer Datenschutzerklärung.

Zurück
Oben Unten refresh