[Sammelthread] Samsung 8Gbit DDR4 C-Die K4A8G085WC - OC-Ergebnisse im Startbeitrag! [updated]

Good day hwluxx! and sorry for english.

Got G.skill F4-3200C16D-32GVK kit, thinking it would be Hynix, however it is Samsung c-die.

On asus x570-e & ryzen 2700 it runs only 3000mhz on xmp timings (16-18-18-38).
3200mhz didn't work. This ryzen 2700 memory controller is poor, haven't used time tinkering with timings & voltages. If I keep it, i'll make the effort after ryzen 5000 upgrade.
I'd ask:

- getting 5900x next year. with the better memory controller, speculate it could run even 3400-3600mhz?

- 2x16gb kit, so at least it's dual rank.. correct?

Wenn Du diese Anzeige nicht sehen willst, registriere Dich und/oder logge Dich ein.
I'd ask:

- getting 5900x next year. with the better memory controller, speculate it could run even 3400-3600mhz?

- 2x16gb kit, so at least it's dual rank.. correct?
Yes, with Zen3 it should be possible to reach 3.600 MHz but with bad timings like 18-22-22-42.
And again yes, dual rank is correct.

1) getting 5900x next year. with the better memory controller, speculate it could run even 3400-3600mhz?

2) 2x16gb kit, so at least it's dual rank.. correct?
1) More like 3600+, since 3733/3800 is already possible with Zen2 CPUs (even though it can be a lot of work).
2) Yes, any S8C based 2x16GB kit would have to be dual rank.

Hello everyone ! This forum is starting to become the world wide source for C-Die overclocking, I'm from Argentina and handle pretty well with english but german is out of my league so I hope that doesn't bother you!

I have ryzen 5600x and a x570 asus prime pro board , ram is HyperX Predator 2x16gb 3200mhz cl16 (advertised on Box) and with XMP enabled it does as advertised no problem.

Now I wanna go further, any advise on Zen3? I read the whole forum and took some screenshots of people stable results, but believe that since most where running either Ryzen 1000 or Ryzen 2000 there are plenty of timings that may need to be changed. Also could I run 24/7 1.4 or should I settle for 1.35 or 1.36 as mostly mention?

Tried dram calculator with taiphoon but all of the results won't even post with suggested 1.35v so I figured that probably 1Usmus Dram calculator doesn't do the job for samsung C-Die.

Thanks to everyone!

Welcome to Hardwareluxx! Don't worry, english is just fine with us :)

You can just try any of the Zen2 results. They should apply 1:1 for Zen3. Going higher is only really an option if your kit does 3800 with a low voltage and your CPU can handle higher than 3800 1:1. Voltage scaling above 1.35V is something you have to test for yourself, not all kits do (up to 1.4V). It will be very obvious once you are actually trying to stable a setting, since adding voltage from a certain point onward will not increase stability anymore and might actually reduce it instead.

Welcome to Hardwareluxx! Don't worry, english is just fine with us :)

You can just try any of the Zen2 results. They should apply 1:1 for Zen3. Going higher is only really an option if your kit does 3800 with a low voltage and your CPU can handle higher than 3800 1:1. Voltage scaling above 1.35V is something you have to test for yourself, not all kits do (up to 1.4V). It will be very obvious once you are actually trying to stable a setting, since adding voltage from a certain point onward will not increase stability anymore and might actually reduce it instead.
Could you tag the Dump post of proven results? So I start with a base of 3733+ MHz ? Are your 3800-4000mhz results stable ?

I tried on Bios leaving all on Auto but putting voltage on 1.35 and Frecuency in 4000 and FCLK in 2000 and booted no problem, of course timings where awfull but does that prove my cpu can handle higher frecuency given that it is Zen3?

My Intel results with Kaby Lake in 2018 were only an initial OC test. The modules I used were not even my own. Since everyone was anxious to know if these are the awaited B-Die sucessor, I just did a couple of quick runs, before sending them back. You'll find a couple of Zen2 results on the last couple of pages in this thread.

Starting at 3600 or 3733 seems reasonable, since you usually want a optimized & stable baseline for going up in frequency. If you can get 4000 to work, it will probably require timings in the high CL18 range (18-22-22).

And let's say I grab some other fellow results for 3600/3733 I copy exactly all primary timings and also subtimings as well, I pass and boot. Now when I want to move forward to 3800 how do I know what out of all the timings should I adjust ? Or is it best to leave in auto and see what the motherboard proposes ?

This is great!
My Intel results with Kaby Lake in 2018 were only an initial OC test. The modules I used were not even my own. Since everyone was anxious to know if these are the awaited B-Die sucessor, I just did a couple of quick runs, before sending them back. You'll find a couple of Zen2 results on the last couple of pages in this thread.

Starting at 3600 or 3733 seems reasonable, since you usually want a optimized & stable baseline for going up in frequency. If you can get 4000 to work, it will probably require timings in the high CL18 range (18-22-22

You can try that, but copying values from other setups 1:1 usually does not work. These are more of an orientation and guideline, of what can be done at / is required for certain frequencies. You still need to do the actual overclocking and reasoning yourself.

If you don't have any experience with memory OC at all, I would recommend starting with a more general guide first. It also helps optimize your OC-workflow and tells what to look for in the screenshots:

Is
You can try that, but copying values from other setups 1:1 usually does not work. These are more of an orientation and guideline, of what can be done at / is required for certain frequencies. You still need to do the actual overclocking and reasoning yourself.

If you don't have any experience with memory OC at all, I would recommend starting with a more general guide first. It also helps optimize your OC-workflow and tells what to look for in the screenshots:

[/URL]
Beitrag automatisch zusammengeführt:

Is there any way after a crash/not boot to know what timing was the issue?

Something went wrong with your quote?

Troubleshooting crashes and nailing it down to a single setting can take quite a bit of experience, unless you are very late in your tuning process / are only changing single/few parameters (timings, voltages etc). In general it is recommended to start with very safe settings and then move on slowly from there, optimizing timings bit for bit / in very small groups. The better you know the hardware you are working with, the quicker the progress. I recommend taking notes/screenshots and/or saving profiles to USB, so that you always have settings to go back to, in case something goes wrong (end you end up having to clear CMOS).

Edit: There also is no reason to full quote the post right above yours, since it is obvious what you are replying to.

So since this is Holy Grail of c-die ram I need to ask some stuff to get my ram to 3600mhz.

My specs are as follow:
G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x, 8GB, DDR4-3600, DIMM 288 F4-3600C18D-16GTZN so ofc Samsung c-die
ASRock X570 Taichi
AMD Ryzen 3900x

So far I've been able to use this set of ram without problems at 3000Mhz, even trying 3200mhz gets me a reboot and it goes back to stock 2133Mhz. And of couse the default XMP profile for 3600Mhz doesnt work. I'll have to be honest and say I'm very new to RAM OC so I only know stuff that i found out like 2-1 days ago.

I'm not here for tight timings or something like that I just want some help to make them run at 3600Mhz if anyone can help with that.

With your setup and manual overclocking 3600 should be pretty easy to achieve, just make sure you use the correct memory slots (A2+B2) and avoid the Ryzen 5000 BIOS releases for now, since some of those seem to have issues with higher memory ratios and FCLK.

With your setup and manual overclocking 3600 should be pretty easy to achieve, just make sure you use the correct memory slots (A2+B2) and avoid the Ryzen 5000 BIOS releases for now, since some of those seem to have issues with higher memory ratios and FCLK.
Sorry for the late replay, i get it that it should be easy to oc manually, but I really dont know what to change to make everything run, so far the only thing i can run is 3000Mhz, I have tried a couple of times to oc even at 3200Mhz and failed every time, so I would need some help to even know what to change and how to change it.

You shouldn't have any issues with 3200 at all, if the modules are in the correct memory slots.

If you don't have any experience with memory overclocking, I would recommend starting with the guide that I linked a couple of posts back (here). Once you understand the basics, start with 3600 18-21-21 / 18-20-20 tRFC 612 and a Vdimm between 1.3V and 1.35V. Use the screenshots from other users on the last pages of this thread as an orientation for the other timings.

Hello.
I'm working on timings 3 days in a row, i don't have experience in this, but finally i got first stable. Can you guys tell me what improve? rRFC looks locked to 350ns in my case.
VDDR 1.35V but Gigabyte bios and HWinfo reporting 1.38-1.39V

This is 04240m8410c K4A8G045WC-BCRC

F4-3200D16-8GIS also know as

F4-3200C16D-16GIS

Zrzut ekranu 2020-12-10 120048.jpg

Bez nazwy.jpg

Anhänge

• Zrzut ekranu 2020-12-10 120048.jpg
    Zrzut ekranu 2020-12-10 120048.jpg
    94,8 KB · Aufrufe: 282
  • IMG_20201208_135446.jpg
    IMG_20201208_135446.jpg
    145,1 KB · Aufrufe: 260
  • IMG_20201208_135634.jpg
    IMG_20201208_135634.jpg
    124,8 KB · Aufrufe: 260
Zuletzt bearbeitet:
To give a little update on what I have achieved (or rather, failed to achieve), with the latest BIOS for B450 Tomahawk MAX, I gave a shot at 3800 MHz CL18-23-22-22-46 and saw lower latency values than before the BIOS update. Considering most of my timings are on auto MSI might have done some memory QVL updates, or maybe not. Hard to tell really. What matters is my latency overall decreased.

Did a few hours of TM5 extreme on this preset, 1.35v voltage, 0.975 VDDP/VDDG, 1.1 SoC.

Finished TM5 just fine, however during gaming I had the nvlddmkm (Nvidia driver) crash, which suggests my Overclock attempt was not stable, as the ''nvlddmkm has stopped working'' pop up in event viewer is most likely caused by instable memory according to Nvidia.

Reverted back to 3600 MHz CL18-22-22-46, which seems to be a tad slower but at least its been stable for many months. Its going to sound really boring however the overclocking potential with these sticks are just not worth the time invested because of how unstable they are and how they absolutely hate voltage.

Here are the results of my ''almost stable'' 3800 attempt:

newBIOS3800MHz.png

Could I somehow stabilize this? Honestly I don't know. Whenever I try for 3800 I boot just fine, I pass tests just fine but I'm always let down by instability that shows itself in either corruption or driver crashing later on which is honestly very demoralizing. Anyways, if you're reading this and just like me you are struggling, I just suggest leaving it at whatever is stable because the effort you will put into overclocking C-die is honestly not worth it.

Bragging rights on some benchmarks is not worth having your apps or drivers potentially getting corrupt.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Ich hab hier gerade 2x 4GB Samsung C-DIE mit ... nun kommts :fresse: .... SO-DIMM Adaptern auf einem Skylake System laufen. :fresse2:
Wäre jemand so nett mir als Orientierung Timings bei 3000MHz für die Teile zu nennen? :angel:

I just got 2x 4GB Samsung C-DIE with ... come on : eat:... SO-DIMM adapters are running on a Skylake system.: fresse2:
Would someone be so kind as to give me timing at 3000MHz for the parts as a guide? :angel:

My memory has a secondary XMP profile rated for 3000 MHz CL16-18-18-38 I believe, you might give that a try with voltage between 1.3-1.35v, but no guarantees it will work. ^^

Hi guys, I don't speak german so I'll use english, hope you don't mind.

I had a lot of problems trying to run a 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX ver. 4.32 at the advertised speed of 3200 Mhz (of course XMP didn't work), but finally after three days of almost non stop tweaking I managed to get it working at 1.34 V. I wanted to thank you all 'cause this forum helped me a lot (I had 0 OC knowledge), and to post my settings in case they could help others having the same problems (I saw a guy in this thread with the same issue that ended up buying another brand).

My MoBo is a Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite v2, and my CPU a Ryzen 2600X. For stability testing I used TM5 with anta777 extreme's profile, and when everything was good I did three passes of Memtest86+. I didn't try to tighten the timings, just wanted to make it work at that speed, so probably there's room for improvement. So far it's been running fine for almost a week.

benchmarks.png

Note that the image shows a VSOC of 1.0875 V, but I have it at 1.1 in the MoBo. Also, when leaving AddrCmdSetup on Auto the value it showed was 11, so I set them all to 11 and it seemed to provide some stability.

The most problematic settings were procODT, RTT and CAD. I had to tweak them a lot to avoid BSOD or BIOS not posting while trying different voltages. Then I had to tweak them even more because the tests usually failed around the first two minutes. On top of that I had to make some timing adjustements too. If I remember correctly, I had to fidle mostly with tRC, tFAW, TRDWR + tWRRD and tRFC (adjusting it for 350 ns seemed to give the best results).

All in all it was an interesting journey, although a bit frustrating, keeping in mind that supposedly it should have worked just activating the XMP or adjusting some simple stuff.
Now I have some questions that maybe somebody can answer:
  • When I first managed to get it working at 1.34 V, after saving the BIOS profile I couldn't restart (black screen, fans blowing, no BIOS logo), so I thought maybe the RAM was overheated and began trying lower voltages. Eventually I tried again at 1.34, and just after the test finished OK, I restarted three times in a row with no issues. Then, when I saved the profile, I couldn't restart anymore, so that seemed to be the problem. I could restart again by unplugging the PSU, and since then it's working fine, does that make any sense to you? Should I be concerned?
  • At some point I tried loosening the primary timings, and it was weird 'cause it all went worse. BOSD, POST issues, tests failing seconds after starting... how is that possible? Supposedly it should work better, right?
  • Are the benchmarks OK? Do you think I should try to tighten the timings, or even increase the frequency? Will it be worthwhile or the gainings will be minimum?
  • Is there anything I should try to adjust to avoid any possible long term damage or problem?

Hi guys, I don't speak german so I'll use english, hope you don't mind.

I had a lot of problems trying to run a 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX ver. 4.32 at the advertised speed of 3200 Mhz (of course XMP didn't work), but finally after three days of almost non stop tweaking I managed to get it working at 1.34 V. I wanted to thank you all 'cause this forum helped me a lot (I had 0 OC knowledge), and to post my settings in case they could help others having the same problems (I saw a guy in this thread with the same issue that ended up buying another brand).

My MoBo is a Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite v2, and my CPU a Ryzen 2600X. For stability testing I used TM5 with anta777 extreme's profile, and when everything was good I did three passes of Memtest86+. I didn't try to tighten the timings, just wanted to make it work at that speed, so probably there's room for improvement. So far it's been running fine for almost a week.

Anhang anzeigen 563302

Note that the image shows a VSOC of 1.0875 V, but I have it at 1.1 in the MoBo. Also, when leaving AddrCmdSetup on Auto the value it showed was 11, so I set them all to 11 and it seemed to provide some stability.

The most problematic settings were procODT, RTT and CAD. I had to tweak them a lot to avoid BSOD or BIOS not posting while trying different voltages. Then I had to tweak them even more because the tests usually failed around the first two minutes. On top of that I had to make some timing adjustements too. If I remember correctly, I had to fidle mostly with tRC, tFAW, TRDWR + tWRRD and tRFC (adjusting it for 350 ns seemed to give the best results).

All in all it was an interesting journey, although a bit frustrating, keeping in mind that supposedly it should have worked just activating the XMP or adjusting some simple stuff.
Now I have some questions that maybe somebody can answer:
  • When I first managed to get it working at 1.34 V, after saving the BIOS profile I couldn't restart (black screen, fans blowing, no BIOS logo), so I thought maybe the RAM was overheated and began trying lower voltages. Eventually I tried again at 1.34, and just after the test finished OK, I restarted three times in a row with no issues. Then, when I saved the profile, I couldn't restart anymore, so that seemed to be the problem. I could restart again by unplugging the PSU, and since then it's working fine, does that make any sense to you? Should I be concerned?
  • At some point I tried loosening the primary timings, and it was weird 'cause it all went worse. BOSD, POST issues, tests failing seconds after starting... how is that possible? Supposedly it should work better, right?
  • Are the benchmarks OK? Do you think I should try to tighten the timings, or even increase the frequency? Will it be worthwhile or the gainings will be minimum?
  • Is there anything I should try to adjust to avoid any possible long term damage or problem?

If you board have VSOC option called VSOC VID set it up to 47, in my case it was problem.

Hi guys, sorry if i'm writing this in english .
I'm a complete newbie when it comes to OC and timings. I arrived on this thread after my PC started Bsoding around a week ago. I built it 2 months ago and everything was working fine until the first bsod. Yersterday i spent the whole day trying to stress test stuff and components to identify the culprits and both memtest86+ and tm5 gave me memory errors. My kit is a 2x8 GB G.Skill Aegis 3200 C16, and on the back of the stick it says : 04240m8410C (So should be C-die right? It doesnt show in Tiphoon.).
After disabling the XMP i tried to run both tests today (for a total of 8 hours) and this time i had 0 errors and 0 bsods. Can i assume my memory isn't broken and it's just a matter of setting the right timings? The XMP profile says it's for intel and it goes back to 2015. My CPU is a 2600x and my Motherboard a Asrock B450M Pro4. Can you guys give me some advice on where to start to set up everything properly ? I'd be fine with my memories working as intended at 3200Mhz.
Thanks in advance

Hallo All : fresse2:, Just got 2x8 kingston hyperX samsung c-die. i really wish i got other die that can use with ryzen dram calculator cus im noob at manually oc ram, now im stuck with this kit running xmp 32000mhz cl16, maybe you all can help me manually oc this ram to 3600 or more max with tight timing, just give me the number to start with ,i put it in my bios then we see how far it goes, already create bios/cmos reset switch to start with, if you need more info about my setup i will post late

Anhänge

• thphn.PNG
    thphn.PNG
    28,1 KB · Aufrufe: 300
  • RyzenMaster.PNG
    RyzenMaster.PNG
    66,2 KB · Aufrufe: 300
  • cachemem.png
    cachemem.png
    40,7 KB · Aufrufe: 319
Tq kormath, bro do you know how to calculate trfc2 trfc4? After find something here:coffee: i manage to get 3600 now on the way to make to 3800, pc keep do random shutdown at 3800,

I think that it, run at 36000 now check ram with tm5 @anta777 config cya!

Anhänge

• test1a.PNG
    test1a.PNG
    60,6 KB · Aufrufe: 273
  • test1m.PNG
    test1m.PNG
    43,7 KB · Aufrufe: 289
  • test2a.PNG
    test2a.PNG
    50,8 KB · Aufrufe: 256
Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Tq kormath, bro do you know how to calculate trfc2 trfc4? After find something here:coffee: i manage to get 3600 now on the way to make to 3800, pc keep do random shutdown at 3800, maybe i should increase some soc vol or ?

Well I'm no expert but as far as I know you should leave trfc2 and trfc4 on auto. Also make sure to do some research and find out if your CPU/Mobo supports 3800 (not just checking the specs, 'cause probably you can go higher than that, but in forums and such).

yeah i must check my specs first and go more futher later, if this speed stable, then im gonna torture my cpu next..

Hallo, bitte ich brauche Hilfe... danke sehr!
Basically i'm not sure what's the best for daily use in gaming between cl 14 2933 vs cl16 3066 on some SAMSUNG C-DIE OEM 32GB. GDM PM OFF.
i can run both settings at the very same settings stated in the picture but with higher ( tCWL 16 and TRFC 536 for cl6 3066 ) to be noted anything lower than what i already have gives errors or BSOD and i have to CLEAR CMOS.
with GDM and PM disabled not even 3200 cl 16-20-20-20-40 works and enabled i can do 3200 16-17-17-34 but with some more subtimings loosen so thank you but no thanks.
Again to be noted..again, i did more tests for stability than what it can be seen on both settings.

Anhänge

• cachemem2933.png
    cachemem2933.png
    39,9 KB · Aufrufe: 225
  • 2933memtest.png
    2933memtest.png
    26 KB · Aufrufe: 239
Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Nach etwas Verwirrung und Zeitverschwendung mit dem DRAM Calculator (Thaiphoon reportet B-die, entsprechende Probleme beim OC...) habe ich meine Corsair 3200-CL16 v4.32 RAMs nun manuell übertaktet.

Als Grundlage dafür dienten die 3800 Mhz OCs der User Reous und alxns (aus dem Community OC Spoiler im ersten Beitrag), danke schonmal dafür!

Einige Fragen dazu:
  1. OC getestet mit MEMbench (im DRAM Calculator), Memtest mode mit Max RAM, 12 Threads und Stop at: Single. Mehrmals ohne Fehler durchlaufen lassen. Reicht das als "Stabilitätsnachweis" oder braucht es dazu weitere Tools/Tests? Falls ja, welche: AIDA64 system test RAM only? TM5 mit v3 config? MemTest in mehreren Instanzen? Was ist "nötig" und/oder empfehlenswert?
  2. Ich hab gesehen, dass einige User in diesem Thread ohne GDM, also mit echtem 1T, auf stabilen 3600 (oder sogar mehr) mit vernünftigen Timings übertakten. Gibt es Erfahrungswerte was für Gaming Performance (CPU-bound, z.B. CSGO/Valorant) besser ist: GDM mit besserem Takt/Timings, oder echtes 1T schlechteren Takt/Timings?
  3. Bezüglich meinem OC: fällt einem der erfahrenen RAM OCer hier der ein oder andere Wert auf, den man noch unbedenklich etwas optimieren kann ohne (vermutlich) instabil zu werden? Oder sind ggf. einige Settings dabei die wenig Sinn machen und die ich ändern sollte?
OC ist wie folgt:
cddsy_3800_18-21-21-38.png

Besten Dank!

edit: OC Werte nochmal leicht angepasst, so dass tRAS >= tCL + tRCD(RD) und tRC = tRAS + tRP + 8, außerdem einige subtimings tighter gemacht (tRRDS, tRRDL, tFAW). Nach wie vor stabil unter MEMbench Memtest Stop at: Single.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Hardwareluxx setzt keine externen Werbe- und Tracking-Cookies ein. Auf unserer Webseite finden Sie nur noch Cookies nach berechtigtem Interesse (Art. 6 Abs. 1 Satz 1 lit. f DSGVO) oder eigene funktionelle Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Webseite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir diese Cookies setzen. Mehr Informationen und Möglichkeiten zur Einstellung unserer Cookies finden Sie in unserer Datenschutzerklärung.

Zurück
Oben Unten refresh