[Sammelthread] AMD K7 - Sockel A (462)

Yes, that's correct. I just don't understand how clockgen calculates the next step when you click the right arrow and then how it gets the value after the floating point. Sometimes it is +0.83, sometimes +0.84, +0.85, + 0.86, +0.29...

Wenn Du diese Anzeige nicht sehen willst, registriere Dich und/oder logge Dich ein.
Value of the register is 005BF81F, where 5B varies, so I assume this somehow represents the value after the floating point.
In my opinon this is right.
My setup is running FSB 240 at the moment. CPU-Z shows 240,5 (jumps sometimes to 240,6) and PCI regs shows 000EFA1A ----> FSB=(FA*25/1A)+0E/100=(250*25/26)+14/100=240,384+0,14=240,524 ?

The thing is, that the A4 values are strange. Sometimes the values after the floating point are changing permanently, sometimes not. I changed FSB with clockgen and restarted my system. After the restart, A4 PCI register showed old clockgen clocks not the BIOS clocks. Loading clockgen and read FSB and A4 register shows correct values.
I also can not change the A4 values manually.

edit:
maybe am wrong. This theory is not consistent. I will try more.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Remains of spread spectrum?
Circuitry driving the AMD Athlon system bus clock inputs may purposely alter the AMD Athlon system bus clock frequency (spread spectrum clock generators). In no cases can the AMD Athlon system bus period violate the minimum specification above. AMD Athlon system bus clock inputs can vary from 100% of the specified frequency to 99% of the specified frequency at a maximum rate of 100 kHz.

Don't know...

edit:
maybe am wrong. This theory is not consistent. I will try more.
Yes, that's not it.
I think it is based on the current PLL (1MHz step) and the actual FSB is then calculated from that PLL value, current FID and CPU frequency.
Reading and settings FSB works, just need to add that calculation, so it can predict better what would be the actual FSB.

For example, if target is 208.00 (FSB derived from selected PLL value), then actual can be 207.xx or 208.xx. The selected divider is still the one that is used for 208.

Nah nothing unshure someone deleting this !
Beitrag automatisch zusammengeführt:

Muss ja nicht sein also beide Beiträge !
Beitrag automatisch zusammengeführt:

Abwohl athlon -XP nur 2 Kerne ohne threads ? sockel überleg year 2002/3 ? Till 2004 ? aber bin da unsicher zu lange her ! x2600 nur zwo kerne ! 2,6 Ghz wissen null erinnern auch null..
erschwingliche 2 kern prozessorren ! irgendwas war da .. Ich Trinke zuviel aber um den dreh rum war das so ! vieleicht auch 2004

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Ganz ehrlich, hast du mal überlegt dir Hilfe zu holen? Weil so schreibt man eigentlich nur mit > 2 Promille und bei dir kommt das leider recht häufig vor. :( Nicht abwertend, oder böse gemeint.

Yes, that's not it.
I think it is based on the current PLL (1MHz step) and the actual FSB is then calculated from that PLL value, current FID and CPU frequency.
Reading and settings FSB works, just need to add that calculation, so it can predict better what would be the actual FSB.

For example, if target is 208.00 (FSB derived from selected PLL value), then actual can be 207.xx or 208.xx. The selected divider is still the one that is used for 208.
Ahh, okay.
I understand now your problem. I am not sure if I can help you.
I looked at the PCI register on my MSI Delta2 board. It uses different values to show the FSB speed:

FSB 220,97 = 10 DD 19 (221*25/25)
FSB 235,95 = 10 EC 19 (236*25/25)

Do you know what register A0 does?

Register A0 displays some sort of a counter and when you write a new PLL value it has to be reset to 0.
According to the code in the linux kernel you have to write the PLL 64 times to the A4 and each time this A0 register increases value.
A0 is named "PLL Address", A4 is "PLL Register", A8 is "PLL Enable".
On first write, after booting, reg A8 is set to 0. In order to be able to control the PLL, this register needs to be set to 1.
Then you "feed" the PLL with the new (or the boot) PLL value through the A4 register.
The source code mentions that 64 PLL registers need to be set and apparently that A4 register is like a data port.
That's why a single manual write to A4 doesn't change the FSB.

I'm not sure why the kernel driver writes 0x40 in register A0 after successful FSB change, it seems to work without it.

What I think happens is this counter is the ID of the PLL register to be set and it increases automatically. 0 resets it and "tells" it there's going to be a new sequence.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
@stunned_guy
Ich habe nur 2x ASUS A7N8X-E und ein A7N8X Deluxe 2.0. Das 2.0 ohne Deluxe habe ich nicht. Beim Deluxe 2.0 führt der Kollege die Spitze an. Du hast bestimmt ein 2.0 ohne Deluxe. Mach ein Vdd mod dran und los!

Hmm...
Ich habe 3 Stück hier. Was meinst du ist ohne Mod drin ? Ich brauche jedenfalls eine CPU mit 200 MHz Referenztakt.

um die 252MHz zu schlagen wirst du dem Chipsatz mehr Spannung geben müssen ---> Vdd mod.
Für den max FSB screen brauchst du nur eine XP-M CPU oder einen ungelockten XP Prozessor

I've probably solved the issue.
Can you test if the CPU frequency, multiplier and real FSB are close enough to what CPUZ shows?
It's shown on app open and when Apply is clicked from Chipset tab.
Setting new FSB works, but doesn't show the real FSB yet.

There's a lot in it, I'm measuring current frequency with a performance counter. Multiplier is selected from a lookup table, based on the current FID which is read from a MSR.
Then the real FSB is calculated by dividing the frequency to the multiplier. Currently missing the x23 and x24 in the table, but all other multipliers should work.

Don't mind the ugly FSB slider, it's a work in progress.

Thanks!

I did some quicktests on A7N8X-E and MSI Delta2 boards.

FSB screen did not fit to other tools, but this is fine for me!
MSI / ASUS:
1620512556849.jpeg
1620512671597.jpeg

after aplying FSB speed, FSB screen fits perfect (at least in my opinion)!

MSI / ASUS
1620512886829.jpeg
1620512913190.jpeg

one sidenote: sidebank adressing gives me errors on MSI and ASUS. Older versions have also this issue.
1620513046342.jpeg

many thanks for programming this tool!!!!

x85 Pci-E 2.o
x89 Pci E 3.0 weis nimmer FM2 mit + aber auch nur Prozessorseitig ! Nur zur anmerkung

Ich habe 3 Stück hier. Was meinst du ist ohne Mod drin ? Ich brauche jedenfalls eine CPU mit 200 MHz Referenztakt.
Ich tippe bei 230MHz ist Schluss, wenn es stabil sein soll. Und wenn du das Trats Bios nimmst, dann ist bei 245Mhz und massiv Vdd Feierabend. Ich hab bei meinem komischen 4MBO Board den Vorteil, das das Deluxe Bios darauf läuft, obwohl es kein Deluxe ist. Sprich ich nehm ein Modbios und Feuer frei. Wobei man nur für den max FSB sicher ein DDEB Bios basteln kann, was z.B. die Alphatimings auch fest auf was langsames setzt.

It's shown on app open and when Apply is clicked from Chipset tab.
Setting new FSB works, but doesn't show the real FSB yet.
Nice! Thanks for all the hard work you're putting into the Tweaker.

after aplying FSB speed, FSB screen fits perfect (at least in my opinion)!

one sidenote: sidebank adressing gives me errors on MSI and ASUS. Older versions have also this issue.
Thanks!

Yes, after app load the frequency seems more accurate, it's probably due to the higher load while loading. I tried to make the detection as light as possible without long cycles.
Doesn't need to be 100% accurate in my opinion.

As for Sideband addressing, it works on Abit, but I will have to check it on an Asus board to see what's going on.

@Tzk: Thanks!

Yes, after app load the frequency seems more accurate, it's probably due to the higher load while loading. I tried to make the detection as light as possible without long cycles.
Doesn't need to be 100% accurate in my opinion.
100% agree. What about including the dram clock?

As for Sideband addressing, it works on Abit, but I will have to check it on an Asus board to see what's going on.
According to the datasheet from Antinomy, sidebank addressing capability should be PCI register (b0d0f0) 44h [bit 9] and sidebank addressing register 48h [bit 9]. Deaktivating in register 48h [9] works on my MSI. Deaktivating in your tool causes black screen.

@Nonaamee
Schatz ausgegraben?

Ich rate mal: das ist das Board von Dryline aus dem CB Marktplatz ;)

Ja, da habt ihr beide recht. Jeden Tag steht ein Dummer auf, man muss ihn nur finden... Und was soll ich sagen, ich bin an dem Tag aufgestanden :fresse:

War jetzt kein Schnapper, aber wer weiß wann man wieder an ein NFII Ultra rankommt. So wie ihr die Dinger hamstert 😅 Außerdem ist die 6800GT ein richtiger Klopper und gefällt mir, jetzt wo sie hier liegt echt gut.

Ich würde das nicht als dumm bezeichnen. DFI boards sind wohl seeeehr selten. Um daran zu kommen muss man manchmal auch in die Tasche greiffen. Da eine 6800GT bei war, ist das doch gar nicht so schlimm...

PS. Ich habe kein einziges DFI board, weine aber auch nicht nach. Ein weiteres NF7 wäre mir lieber.

• Danke
Reaktionen: Tzk
Absolut selten, habe schon immer wieder gesucht, aber es wird echt fast nix angeboten und wenn es doch mal der Fall ist gehen die für echt horrende Summen weg, teils sogar als defekt.

Ist jetzt auch mein erstes DFI und habe (zum Glück) keinen Drang, dass es mehr werden. Aber ein (sehr) gutes Sockel A Board reizt mich ja schon lange. Und nachdem ich kein 7nnxp aufgetrieben bekomme...

So, ich hab mal die Erkenntnisse zu Barton und superlocked gesammelt, einmal aus dem zitierten Post von Tzk, seine und Sparksnl's Liste durchsucht und meinen Fundus an Prozessoren durchgetestet, sofern sie noch liefen. Sieht aber dennoch ziemlich lückenhaft aus, kann sie aber auch noch weiterpflegen. Da in Excel, mal nur als Bild:

Teil 1.JPGTeil 2.JPG

dunkelrot / dunkelgrün: Erkenntnis von anderen
hellrot / hellgrün: Eigene Erkenntnisse
Orange: wohl beides möglich

EDIT: Was ich auch interessant finde: Die meisten superlocked CPU's blieben laut Diagnosekarte in C1 hängen, wollte man den Multi verstellen. Nur der 3000+ (soweit mich meine Erinnerung nicht trügt) startete durch, ignorierte aber den Multi.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Ja, da habt ihr beide recht. Jeden Tag steht ein Dummer auf, man muss ihn nur finden... Und was soll ich sagen, ich bin an dem Tag aufgestanden :fresse:

War jetzt kein Schnapper, aber wer weiß wann man wieder an ein NFII Ultra rankommt. So wie ihr die Dinger hamstert 😅 Außerdem ist die 6800GT ein richtiger Klopper und gefällt mir, jetzt wo sie hier liegt echt gut.

Glückwunsch, ich freue mich für dich.
Laufen zur Zeit noch seine ebay Auktionen ? ich finde die nicht mehr. Gab es das DFI Ultra B einzeln oder war das die Auktion mit dem Komplett-PC ?

Hardwareluxx setzt keine externen Werbe- und Tracking-Cookies ein. Auf unserer Webseite finden Sie nur noch Cookies nach berechtigtem Interesse (Art. 6 Abs. 1 Satz 1 lit. f DSGVO) oder eigene funktionelle Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Webseite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir diese Cookies setzen. Mehr Informationen und Möglichkeiten zur Einstellung unserer Cookies finden Sie in unserer Datenschutzerklärung.

Zurück
Oben Unten refresh