[Sammelthread] Raritäten - bis Jahr 2000 - Bilder und Kommentare

Not really. You could use those sticks on socket 423 or 478 Rambus boards, but I'd expect those sticks to be rated at 45ns so they won't be good overclockers. To have some fun with Rambus you'd want to be chasing a good set of PC1066 sticks and pair them with a board that comes with 600mhz+ capable Rambus clock generators and allows for some voltage tweaking. It's a very nice platform then, especially if you choose to go for socket 478 as you can slam a P4 3.06 HT (FSB533) on some of the late Rambus boards. On the ABIT TH7II(-RAID) for example, I've had that very same setup running just a few months ago (3.06HT + 4x 256MB PC1066). I was quite surprised of the performance I could get out of that system.

Wenn Du diese Anzeige nicht sehen willst, registriere Dich und/oder logge Dich ein.
I have a question. Somebody gave me some RIMM PC-700 memory (128MB a piece).
Is tgere any use for overclocking or retro builds?

Rambus Ram Modules are around in quite the ammount of metric tons.
Too old, too rarely used, barely known to many, even less people used them and even less could affort them back in the days :)
But yes, those machines were ..unmatched, in speed and ofc instability, problems, rambus systems were like bad behaving girlfriends^^

What are rare now are the Mainboards, in working condition, vs around 2500 modules buyable on Ebay.
Prices for 4x 256 MB are like 1,50 €, sometimes 2x 512MB go for 4 € ^^

So i took my remaining Rams and got some more, to put em on a shelf :)
+ few other i have leftover

Iwill PC1066 Dual Xeon Board with 1 Xeon ES
P3C-D from HP System
several P3C-E
Dual Pentium 3 1000 MHz Xeon from Compaq SP750
Intel OR840 Dual Slot1 with 2x 1266 MHz Tualatin on Powerleap adapters.

and ofc some Rams for it, even 6x 1GB PC1066 RD-Rams, had once one PC1200 Module, but had to sell back, due money-need.

And well overclocking ; is possible, but goes quite to the limits, what you have to do. I remember welding some Clock-generators on the Mianboards and wiring extra power. But well, the results are bit more ofc, but for now..its an Oldtimer, let it be - Oldtimer, Retro builds, dont clock em dead, they were already overkill back in the days.

had the P4 3,06 HT aswell with 2x256 32Bit PC1066 Rambus, was awesome, but i found me playing on my Dual Pentium 4 Xeon with 2,8GHz/Ht, but 4GB PC800 Ram^^ - sold both systems and ram when they still were worth something, but as mentioned, you want some rambus modules, you can get like 10,20 for 10,20 € ^^

else here you find even some interesting stuff on OC in Forum from ; Vogon OR840

Gabs zu einer Grafikkarte dazu, der Pentium Karton ist leider komplett leer, im Chaintech (6BTM) Karton versteckte sich ein Soyo 5va2.
Leider fehlt mir noch ein ATX AT Adapter um das Board testen zu können, bin für die 90er Technik nicht gut aufgestellt. :fresse:

mobile.577mykcz.jpeg

mobile.578rfkv5.jpeg

What are rare now are the Mainboards, in working condition, vs around 2500 modules buyable on Ebay.

Rare and expensive. And yeah, you can float in a sea of PC800 sticks on eBay but the 1066s are more in the lower numbers, especially the ones with a reasonable price tag.

and ofc some Rams for it, even 6x 1GB PC1066 RD-Rams, had once one PC1200 Module, but had to sell back, due money-need.

Did you take a picture? I've heard of those but ever since I've laid hands on Rambus boards, I've never seen a single one of them.

So i took my remaining Rams and got some more, to put em on a shelf :)

That looks dope! Quite nice actually to see some other colors than silver, black and blue, which is all I ever managed to collect :fresse:, in your collection.

To add some more to the topic rather than only words, here are some pictures as well...

NOS ABIT TH7II with 3.06 HT on the benchtable:

DSC06220.jpg DSC06222.jpg DSC06223.jpg IMG_2768.jpg IMG_2771.jpg

ABIT TH7II-RAID: (previous owner ripped off the onboard speaker :wall: – fixed by now)

DSC06664.jpg

ASUS P4T533-C:

DSC06718.jpg

The ASUS actually has been used by the previous owner for quite a while as it came bundled with an Albatron 6800GT and he was all in my ears about what a beautiful and good performing combination that was.

For me, back in the days, this platform was totally out of reach so I'm more than happy to now have the opportunity to play around with this as it's really fun.

@WMDK
Ist das ein PC-Spezialist-Aufkleber auf dem Rammodul beim ASUS P4T533-C?

Ist das ein PC-Spezialist-Aufkleber auf dem Rammodul beim ASUS P4T533-C?

Du meinst bei dem TH7II-RAID? Beim P4T533-C ist kein Modul auf dem Foto :) Also ob der von PC-Spezialist ist, kann ich nicht bestimmt sagen, da steht auf dem orangenen Aufkleber nur "Garantiesiegelmarke --> nicht entfernen <--" und auf dem grünen Aufkleber steht einfach nur eine Nummer drauf (1.0100.75). Jedenfalls ist kein Händlername ersichtlich.

Rare and expensive. And yeah, you can float in a sea of PC800 sticks on eBay but the 1066s are more in the lower numbers, especially the ones with a reasonable price tag.
Heheh..ya good description ; float in a sea of sticks if you want to..
Well, even the 1066 are cheap, but yeah, most dream ofc too much, bought 6x 256MB PC1066 32 bits for like 2€ per piece, that was "expansive" considered to sometimes 25 cent for one module.
And there arent not soo many 1066er, vs the sea of 800ers.

Did you take a picture? I've heard of those but ever since I've laid hands on Rambus boards, I've never seen a single one of them.
yesyes, well here is the pic of the first 2x 1gb i have for long time now, recently stumpled across another 4 - they are all on the wall there too, but pic quali barely enough to read, they are all besides the blue ones, with th HP sticker.
and i even found some of the old pics of the PC1200er

I remember, the guy i had the PC1200er from put some cheap coolers on it, and when i removed them, they ofc took off parts of the sticker.
The 1GB PC1066er run on maybe 3 Mainboards only - and none of them is a X86er - still can find em on ebay com i think, for waaay too much, got mine after long talk with old owner for reasonable price.

That looks dope! Quite nice actually to see some other colors than silver, black and blue, which is all I ever managed to collect :fresse:, in your collection.
Thanks^^, ye..is was..maybe bit weird, when i built it at first.."wth have i done?" - but i like it latley

Eine Runde Star Wars Mäuse:

Star Wars Maus C3PO.jpg Star Wars Maus Stormtrooper (1).jpg Star Wars Maus Vader (2).jpg

Gab´s mal als 3er Serie, wie man auf der Rückseite sieht:
Star Wars Maus Stormtrooper (2).jpg

C3PO hab ich auch noch als Set liegen, muss ich nur finden. Die Dinger sind wirklich alt, da empfohlen für Win 3.1, 95 & 98. Kann man Seriell oder per PS/2 anschließen.
Waren wohl kein großer Verkaufsschlager, da man sie immer noch !!! neu bei Ebay kaufen kann :d

Ich selbst hab die wohl schon im letzten Jahrtausend gekauft....
Unbenannt.JPG

Hab hier 2 Stück Asus-V3800/32M (TV) beide haben die selbe Bezeichnung, einmal ist TV-out verbaut, einmal nicht

Die TNT2 unterscheiden sich ja nur durch den Takt.
Wie kann ich unter Windows 98 herausfinden, wie die beiden getaktet sind?

Hab hier 2 Stück Asus-V3800/32M (TV) beide haben die selbe Bezeichnung, einmal ist TV-out verbaut, einmal nicht

Die TNT2 unterscheiden sich ja nur durch den Takt.
Wie kann ich unter Windows 98 herausfinden, wie die beiden getaktet sind?
Das hat Asus bei der Karte ungünstig umgesetzt bei der Bezeichnung. Die V3800 gibt es als TNT2 / Pro / Ultra.

bei der V9999 doch ebenso :ROFLMAO:

In der Nachbarschaft wollte eine ältere Dame Ihren PC entsorgen, den ich zum Glück vorm Elektroschrott bewahrt habe.

An sich erstmal ganz unscheinbar
20211223_110517.jpg

Aber dann beim zerlegen der Räucherstube kam doch zwei kleine Schätzchen ans Tageslicht:
  • Asus V3800/32M (TV): hier mit TNT2 Ultra Chip
  • Pioneer DVD-303S-A SCSI DVD Slot-in Laufwerk
  • Spire Falcon Rock II
20211223_110655.jpg
20211223_112939.jpg
20211223_113728.jpg

Verbaut ist sonst noch ein ASRock K7S8X mitsamt Duron 1200 und 2x 256 MB RAM. Das wird dann vermutlich im Verschenke Thread landen Anfang Januar.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Ich weiß nicht was ich damit mache, der Kollege ist doch schon etwas alt (1985).
Batterie ist nicht ausgelaufen und dank industriellem Dreck konserviert, somit kein Rost.
Im inneren sieht alles vollständig aus zumindest was ich erkennen konnte.:LOL:

IMG_0147.JPG

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Ich weiß nicht was ich damit mache,
auf jeden Fall macht man den mal auf und zeigt, was drin steckt ...

Es zählen bekanntlich immer die inneren Werte, also RAM, Cache, Co Prozessor und vorallem das Bus System ... :ROFLMAO:

Ich wäre dafür, du verkaufst ihn mir - oder wir tauschen gegen andere Hardware....
auf jeden Fall macht man den mal auf und zeigt, was drin steckt ...
Danke für das Angebot aber der kommt nun ins Lager bis zum Sommer.

Dann kann ich ihn reinigen, im Wohnbereich mache ich den nicht mehr auf.
Dazu ist er einfach zu verdreckt mit schwarzen schmierigem Dreck, aber das hat ihn konserviert.

Ich hoffe nur das der Entsorger den Behälter wo der IBM drin war erst im neuem Jahr leert. Darin könnte noch ein IBM PS2 gewesen sein...:unsure:

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Wie war das teil denn angebunden? Tekram/Adaptec Controllerkarte oder wie? Das Board hat doch sicherlich SCSi nicht onboard aufgelötet
1 oder 2 Adaptec SCSI-Controller sollte ich auch noch rumliegen haben, genau wie 1 DVD LW und 1 Brenner.
Das war damals schon recht rar gesät, aber jetzt ist das doch schon ewig ausgestorben oder gab es da Nachfolger?

SCSI war (zumindest im Privatbereich) eher selten da teuer.

Die Löcher fördern die Kühlleistung und sorgen für bessere OC Ergebnisse :fresse:
und halten die WLP an Ort und Stelle :fresse:

Wir reden hier über die FX-CPUs und der käfdox hat einen mit LANParty-Board in der Sig :hust: :bigok:

besten Dank, das dürfte das Stepping sein welches ich für das Dual-Sockel Board benötige :love:

Ohh, verdammt, ich muss mir eine Lagerhalle besorgen :hust:
Das nimmt ja garkein Ende :hmm:

Hardwareluxx setzt keine externen Werbe- und Tracking-Cookies ein. Auf unserer Webseite finden Sie nur noch Cookies nach berechtigtem Interesse (Art. 6 Abs. 1 Satz 1 lit. f DSGVO) oder eigene funktionelle Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Webseite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir diese Cookies setzen. Mehr Informationen und Möglichkeiten zur Einstellung unserer Cookies finden Sie in unserer Datenschutzerklärung.

Zurück
Oben Unten refresh