[Sammelthread] AMD K7 - Sockel A (462)

Falls das nicht hilft, dann kannst du auch mal die CMOS Register bei jeweils einen Board wo es geht bzw. streikt auslesen und hier posten. Eventuell werden die Register auf bestimmten NF7(-s) ja für irgendetwas anderes genutzt, weshalb das Option Rom dort nicht so schön läuft.

Generell sollten wir uns aber mal nach Möglichkeiten umsehen das Option Rom direkt ins Bios zu integrieren und deutlich früher (vor dem POST) auszuführen. So wären wir nicht davon abhängig, das das System POSTen muss, bevor unsere Einstellungen greifen.

Wenn Du diese Anzeige nicht sehen willst, registriere Dich und/oder logge Dich ein.
Nein. Bios ist futsch bzw. stehen komische Sachen drin. Erstes Release wieder flashen hat bei mir gewirkt... Chip ist nicht kapütt

Bier? Anyone?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
About TCCD. When testing I always use the same TCCD kit on socket A, somehow that kit seems to be more stable then other TCCD kits.
About D43, I have a GEIL TCCD (4400) kit, this kit can boot to Windows up to 285MHz for C3 and 280MHz for C2.5 on NF4 (so far). I should check which ic version it is, I did not know tgere that many D43 versions.
Do I understand it correctly that D43 is a better binning kit for bus speed?

Depends on the exact chip. But yes, at least my and @digitalbath nf2 boards prefer single ranked 256mb D43 sticks, be it either BT-D43 or DT-D43. See above for the exact chips and their behavior. Currently i'm able to max out every nf2 board i got with the Hynix sticks.

On TCCDs i got the same experience. I have Corsair TCC5 (2x) and TCCD (4x) 512mb sticks and 2x Geil Ultra-X PC3200. The TCC5 struggle to clock 235MHz on A7N8X, the Corsair TCCD run 240-245Mhz and the Geil are able to pass 32M at 250Mhz. The Geil kit ran 300Mhz on Dfi Ultra-D before at 2.8V.

About TCCD. When testing I always use the same TCCD kit on socket A, somehow that kit seems to be more stable then other TCCD kits.
About D43, I have a GEIL TCCD (4400) kit, this kit can boot to Windows up to 285MHz for C3 and 280MHz for C2.5 on NF4 (so far). I should check which ic version it is, I did not know tgere that many D43 versions.
Do I understand it correctly that D43 is a better binning kit for bus speed?
I guess that TCCD dimms cause sometimes stability problems on some NF2 boards. So, to get a reliable result i use most Hynix BT-D43 dimms. They're are cheap and almost all NF2 boards work with them. I get best results with 256MB dimms. 512MB dimms work also but they clock not as high as 256MB sticks.

O TCCDs i got the same experience. I have Corsair TCC5 (2x) and TCCD (4x) 512mb sticks and 2x Geil Ultra-X PC3200. The TCC5 struggle to clock 235MHz on A7N8X, the Corsair TCCD run 240-245Mhz and the Geil are able to pass 32M at 250Mhz. The Geil kit ran 300Mhz on Dfi Ultra-D before at 2.8V.
I found the problem why my second TCCD kit wasn't working on my second ASRock board. This TCCD kit just needed more voltage than I thought it would be. So TCCD dimms probably need more voltage to run on NF2 boards than on NF4?
In numbers, this kit needed >2.7V to run above 255MHz. I used 2.9V for 264Mhz. As far as I remember, my other TCCD kit needs the same voltage to run at high FSB speeds. DS / SR values are also important to get a stable run.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
When I run max bus tests with my tccd I run them with 2.9v. Now I think of it, I should test my SS 256MB tccd.
I don’t think I ever ran my tccd at a lower speed then 2.8v.

When I run max bus tests with my tccd I run them with 2.9v. Now I think of it, I should test my SS 256MB tccd.
I don’t think I ever ran my tccd at a lower speed then 2.8v.
your 256MB TCCD dimms are nice.
I try not to overvoltage them. My TCCD should easily clock higher then my boards able to handle, so I don't need high voltages anyway.

So TCCD dimms probably need more voltage to run on NF2 boards than on NF4?
At least my Corsair 3200XL v1.2 (0538 and 0542) refused to scale with >2.8V. I tried up to 2.95V and results got worse. So i stuck with 2.8V as these sticks just didn't scale. Might be a VTT issue though. AFAIK on A7N8X you'll need a higher VTT offset when you raise the Vdimm, right?

At least my Corsair 3200XL v1.2 (0538 and 0542) refused to scale with >2.8V. I tried up to 2.95V and results got worse. So i stuck with 2.8V as these sticks just didn't scale.
So, my theory is nonsence. :(
You should probably retry your tests. Your ASUS boards is now recapped and we are able to use better BIOS setting then before.
As far as I remember, the ASUS mods helped to get a better TCCD stability.

Well, you might still be right. I haven't tested TCCDs for VTT tolerance. Maybe they like a little less VTT and that's why they won't scale on (stock) Asus. It is also known that some TCCD scale with voltage while others won't or barely do. My Geil Ultra-X scale, but i've never dared to run them above 2.9V. I'm just too afraid to kill them, so daily voltage is 2.85V at most.

Sadly i don't own a DFI NF4 or another 939 board anymore to test all of these sticks.

Well, you might still be right. I haven't tested TCCDs for VTT tolerance. Maybe they like a little less VTT and that's why they won't scale on (stock) Asus. It is also known that some TCCD scale with voltage while others won't or barely do. My Geil Ultra-X scale, but i've never dared to run them above 2.9V. I'm just too afraid to kill them, so daily voltage is 2.85V at most.
My bet is it's the voltage regulation itself. Reducing VTT voltage didn't help me. It got worse. But you should try this on your board. As far as I rememer my unmodded ASUS had less problems with TCCD dimms then yours. I could also imagine, that this chips need a "sweet spot" for VTT voltage offset (-20mV for example)? :unsure: I never measured the VTT offset on my ASRock board.

Like I said, I tried more then one kit and those 512 XL’s were my best set for socket A. Somehow they work.
If I remember correctly those 256’s were worse.

1633628043390.jpeg
Nachtrag zur der XP-M 2800+ CPU. Bei eingestellten 1,665V waren 2480MHz in 32M drin. Ich denke mal, dass das keine schlechte CPU ist. Für die 2500MHz hat es knapp nicht gereicht.
Ich bin echt happy. Endlich mal Glück gehabt!

1633806863015.png

Glückwunsch, das ist endlich mal eine Cpu die bei 2600Mhz nicht an der Kotzgrenze läuft.

Glückwunsch, das ist endlich mal eine Cpu die bei 2600Mhz nicht an der Kotzgrenze läuft.
Danke. Was mich ein wenig wundert, die Spannungswandler blieben recht kühl bis kalt.
Ich habe da auch gleich an den "CPU Interface register" rumgespielt. Irgendwas bewirkt das. Der Einfluss ist jedoch bisher recht gering. Werde da noch weiter testen.

Erstmal n Soltek SL-75FRN2-L erstanden. Is schon ein schönes Board. War zwar teuer, aber ich konnte einfach nicht anders^^

Edit: Ach ja, für die die es noch nicht wussten: Ich suche alle möglichen Cpu Wasserkühler. Bevorzugt alte Swiftec, Koolance, Danger Den, ybris usw.. Falls noch irgendjenand alte cpu Wasserkühler hat, bitte melden. Es kann auch Zubehör fehlen. Möchte endlich mal wieder meine Sammlung vergrößern. Also alle Kühler anbieten, nicht nur von oben genannten Herstellern.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
So als Fingerzeig: Ich hab für den AnFi Tec Soleil eine neue Zwischenplatte für Sockel A (4 Loch) machen lassen. DXF gebe ich gerne weiter ;) Ich hab 3 Halterungen machen lassen, eine brauche ich selbst. Aber die beiden anderen gebe ich gerne zum Selbstkostenpreis ab, was round about 15€ inkl. Versand sein müssten.

EDIT:
Sieht dann so aus:

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Neu gab/gibt es den Soleil ja eh nicht mehr. War eher für deine Suche auf dem Gebrauchtmarkt gedacht... Der Soleil ist eigentlich nur mit Sockel AM2/775 und neuer kompatibel.

Kurzer Braindump zu Bios-Items und -Menüs im Award v4.51 und v6.0 Bios:

Thought i'd share some progress on trying to understand bios items in award bios... I had a look at the award v4.51 "1999" source (setup.asm file to be specific) and found this:

So these seem to the offsets which point to the separate bios pages (powermanagement, chipset, clock+hdd etc etc)
I then noticed that the sourcecode shipped with a compiled original.bin and had a look to compare it with the compiled data. At offset 10000h i found this:

the blue marker is mostly the same to award 6.0. v4.51 uses "$ML$" (in hex: 244D 4C24) while v6.0 uses: 246D 6C24
so i assume this is the general marker which indicates that a bios page starts here (edited)
on 4.51 bios it is followed by some strings (orange rectangle) which i believe are pointers/offsets to the bios strings, just like in item bin. basically a lookup table
let's format the orange rectangle differently and we'll see this:

and guess what, at 0240h there is indeed a bios settings string. At 0259h also... No clue what the other string behind it does right now, but seems it indeed is a lookup table.
i have no clue (yet) what the topmost 2 lines do (green rectangle). Probably also some lookup table, but maybe for the bios pages offset.
Now, i think the following might work: If we manage to manipulate these tables (green and orange), then we should be able to move the bios pages inside the original.bin. And if we can move these, then we might be able to free up some space and actually ADD items.

NOTE: this is just a first investigation and i still need to test this. Currently i'm at the "staring at code" stage, nothing else done.

Ein A7N8X aus einem Konvolut gezogen. Ohne es zu testen fand ich folgendes:

WP_20211002_10_45_33_Pro.jpg

Da scheint wer mit dem Schraubendreher abgerutscht und hat eine Leiterbahn unterbrochen. Nach Fix lief es aber anstandslos.

Für die Liste:

A7N8X-X 2.00
35MG0I6177
400 0315 A1
MCP 0314 A4

WP_20211002_10_42_45_Pro.jpgWP_20211002_10_43_00_Pro.jpgWP_20211002_10_43_08_Pro.jpgWP_20211002_10_43_16_Pro.jpg

Schaust du auch, dass die Seriennummer nicht doppelt ist oder muss man da selbst schauen?

OT:
7 .. 6 .. 5 .. .. 3 .. 2 .. 1 .. Bumm!
52 .. 51 .. 50 .. .. 3 .. 2 .. 1 .. BÄM!!
:fresse2:

Wenn du das so schreibst, dann hast du auch nachgesehen.
Eigentlich nicht. Ist mir nur so eingefallen, dass mit der Größe der Liste vermutlich unbeabichtigt irgendwann ein Board doppelt auftauchen wird. Ich hatte ja auch einige defekte gepostet, die ich dann als defektes Konvolut weiterverkauft hab. Kann ja durchaus sein, dass das ein oder andere wieder hierher zirkuliert oder ursprünglich von hier stammte.

Dann rate mal wessen board doppelt drin ist. :ROFLMAO:

edit:
A7N8X-E Deluxev1.012004/14A1SPP Ultra 4002003/52A4MCP-Thellbraun-keinebschicht86Link-47MM830488
A7N8X-E Deluxev1.012004/14A1SPP Ultra 4002003/52A4MCP-Thellbraun-keinestunned_guyLinkBoard 547MM830488

Ich habe auf die schnelle nur eins gefunden. Könnten auch mehr sein. Da nicht bei allen boards die Serien Nummern vorhanden sind, wird es schwer das nach zu vollziehen...

• Haha
Reaktionen: Tzk
Da liegt bestimmt ein Kopierfehler vor, denn ich bin mir zu 99% sicher, dass ich das Board niemals weggegeben hab.

Hardwareluxx setzt keine externen Werbe- und Tracking-Cookies ein. Auf unserer Webseite finden Sie nur noch Cookies nach berechtigtem Interesse (Art. 6 Abs. 1 Satz 1 lit. f DSGVO) oder eigene funktionelle Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Webseite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir diese Cookies setzen. Mehr Informationen und Möglichkeiten zur Einstellung unserer Cookies finden Sie in unserer Datenschutzerklärung.

Zurück
Oben Unten refresh