[Sammelthread] AMD RDNA 3 Overclocking

Ok, also 480W, es fängt gaaanz langsam an, interessant zu werden :-)

Wenn Du diese Anzeige nicht sehen willst, registriere Dich und/oder logge Dich ein.
Nice, ich wollte grad fragen ob das wer draufhat. Kommt bei mir dann auch xD
Gibt es hier oder sonst irgenwo mal eine Sammelliste von STABILEN UV / OC Werten für XTX 7900?
Daran bin ich sehr interessiert. Man sieht immer diese Reviews von diviersen Seiten, wo dann die Karten auf 1.0V oder sogar 0.9x Volt wie vom Vorposter stabil laufen.

Ich hatte jetzt 3x 7900er Karten hier:

1. Sapphire 7900 XTX Nitro
  2. XFX 7900 XTX Merc Black
  3. ASUS 7900 XTX TUF OC
Alle drei Karten waren vom max. stabilen UV ähnlich. Unter 1.07V war ggf. nur KURZ bench-Stable aber nicht langzeitstbil!
Vom GPU takt war damit in Timespy 2950 eher das Limit der Gefühle. 3000 MHz stabil in weiter Ferne. Und das selbst bei der Nitro / Merc mit +15% PT und Lüfterkurve so angepasst das die lüfter auf Vollgas drehen.

Ich beziehe mich einmal auf dieses Review:

Maximum Overclock ComparisonAvg. GPU ClockMax. Memory ClockPerformanceAMD RX 7900 XT2663 MHz2750 MHz269.3 FPSAMD RX 7900 XTX2930 MHz2750 MHz305.5 FPSASUS RX 7900 XTX TUF3199 MHz2800 MHz347.9 FPSXFX RX 7900 Merc 3103165 MHz2750 MHz339.3 FPS

Und da frage ich mich wie kann das sein.
Mein System selbst ist eigentlich nicht schlecht. Netzteil Corsair Titanium AX-1000 jedoch war auch ein AX-850 hier zum gegentesten, das NT hatte keinen Einfluss.

Haben die Hardware Seiten hier vorselektierte Golden Samples erhalten?
Oder hatte ich bei meinen drei Karten einfach einmal Pech in der Silicon-Lottery?!
Desshalb interessiert mich einmal eine reale Liste von Usern.
Meine schafft jetzt unter Wasser knapp 3000 mhz gamestable mit 1075 mV, ist in Elden Ring jetzt aber auch schonmal abgekackt.

Ohne Wasser waren 1100 mV nötig für alles > 2300-2500 MHZ, 2250 mhz liefen mit 1025 mV als Effizienz-Setting.

Also ich denke eher die Seiten haben nicht lange genug getestet oder mit geringerem PT so dass die Karten nicht so hoch getaktet haben.

TimeSpy läuft bei mir mit 1025mV auf 3200 mhz durch, also das ist kein Maßstab xD

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Klingt nach 39er-TS-Scores ohne EVC. Aber diesseits von High Scores: Lässt sich so was auch halbwegs bezahlbar undervolten für's daily Gaming? Gibt das Wattman-Offset da was her?

Klingt nach 39er-TS-Scores ohne EVC. Aber diesseits von High Scores: Lässt sich so was auch halbwegs bezahlbar undervolten für's daily Gaming? Gibt das Wattman-Offset da was her?
Wenn sie da nix geändert haben nicht. Müsste man das dualbios nutzen.
Beitrag automatisch zusammengeführt:

Oder EVC ^^

Wenn sie da nix geändert haben nicht. Müsste man das dualbios nutzen.

Oder EVC ^^
Dual Bios bei Aqua gibt es nicht. :fresse:
Nur die andere die das Aqua bios auf ihre Karte flachen werden von dual bios profitieren.

@ShirKhan du hättest viel Spaß mit einer 7900XTX wegen der Leistung, aber nicht wegen dem Tuning.

Leider relativ langweilig im Vergleich zur 6000er und ihrer unendlichen Möglichkeiten.

Genau das ist der Punbkt. Ich les hier ja mit und denks mir auch, Leistung geht mittlerweile, 40k im TS sind schon deutlich mehr, als ich zum Jahresbeginn gedach thab. Aber SK hat recht, fürn Hausgebraucht muss sowas auch ohne Frame Limiter sparsam laufen. Rein zum Spielen dann mal auf wieder ca. 130W begrenzt und mit FSR 3 hochskaliert. Aber dafür machts keinen Sinn, 900€+ auszugeben.
Müsst ich derzeit kaufen, dann wärs bei mir vermutlich die 4070Ti, ganz nüchtern betrachtet.

Mann, was war RDNA2 cool. Bzw. ist.

c010.gif

Mann, was war RDNA2 cool.
a054.gif

PT kann doch so hoch sein wie es will.

Untervolt auf 1025 oder 1075 mV für 2250 (250W) bzw. 3000 mhz (350W) sind super 24/7 settings.

PT +15% halt wenn es krachen soll :)

So I've ran into an extremely frustrating situation. I had a system blue screen crash during a 3d mark run. After that it corrupted my m.2 to the point its useless.
So I put in an older m.2, re install everything, but don't use the evc2. When I try running anything that taxes the gpu, or try to run too many programs at 1 time, out of no where, the gpu loses signal to my monitor.

Then I have to completely power down, and most of the time, re install drivers.

I'm at a loss for words. Is the gpu fubar? Or is there something I'm missing?

That sounds weird indeed. Does the signal recover or does it need a restart in that case?

What kind of settings did you use before? For hardware damage I imagine they need to be kinda extreme. Like >>800W through the gpu...

Did you re-seat the cooler beforehand? Did you monitor temps? Maybe it is a cooler-side problem now?

@Jthellfire911 I once had an event here where I [using a bench system on an SSD, Win was installed as USB bootable] raised one of the voltages (VID offset) obviously too much with the EVC (-> 6900 XT), clicked the confirm, then got a black screen und this SSD was no longer bootable - I had to delete this SSD.

So this and the case above show similar patterns, EVC used, GPU temorarily affected (didn't boot for about 5 min), system or disk somehow affected.

That sounds weird indeed. Does the signal recover or does it need a restart in that case?

What kind of settings did you use before? For hardware damage I imagine they need to be kinda extreme. Like >>800W through the gpu...

Did you re-seat the cooler beforehand? Did you monitor temps? Maybe it is a cooler-side problem now?
I had re did the thermal pads to the glid ones, since then, I've pulled the cooler off a couple times now, I even removed the liquid metal and put on kpx. I'm still getting a random loss of gpu signal, and I have to pretty much clear cmos every time to get the signal back.
I was able to get a couple benchmarks ran before this last time it lost signal, and temps were fine. Gpu hot spot didn't go above 55c, and I had scored a 34k gpu score in timespy. No evc connected.

@Jthellfire911 I once had an event here where I [using a bench system on an SSD, Win was installed as USB bootable] raised one of the voltages (VID offset) obviously too much with the EVC (-> 6900 XT), clicked the confirm, then got a black screen und this SSD was no longer bootable - I had to delete this SSD.

So this and the case above show similar patterns, EVC used, GPU temorarily affected (didn't boot for about 5 min), system or disk somehow affected.
It completely fubared my m.2ssd, I am back on windows 10, instead of 11 like I was before. But I'm still getting the loss of gpu signal. It's sporadic, and doesn't make any sense! This is frustrating.

When it I was doing the benchmark that fubared the system, I was using the same settings that got me 37k gpu scores before. So nothing extra than before.

@Jthellfire911 what kind of VID offset and Iout Gain was you using?

I myself had some black screen during 3DMark with my 7900XTX aqau and after that sometimes Radeon drivers go so corrupted that I needed to recover windows from backup as I couldn’t fix the driver with DDU. A few times also some USB malfunctioned.
Luckily nothing was broken. For me this happens even on non so exterme setting in EVC because simply my GPU doesn’t like to go much higher than 3400MHz. Any setting above that is unstable and causes hard crashes. It could run one time through Time Spy like it happened a few weeks ago giving that highest score I have.

I am kind of giving up on trying to get higher clocks with my Aqua because I have to admit my chip doesn’t like it and I don’t want to break the GPU trying to push it hard. :fresse:
I was thinking to make it water resistant and try on colder temperatures with Chiller but not sure if that will bring much for my chip.
Most likely will not do it anymore.

Set up one clean bench system on a separate SSD, install what you need and when it works, use Macrium Reflect to get one image stored somewhere else. Each time the bench goes shit, you just copy the image again on this SSD - from another main system.

@Jthellfire911 what kind of VID offset and Iout Gain was you using?

I myself had some black screen during 3DMark with my 7900XTX aqau and after that sometimes Radeon drivers go so corrupted that I needed to recover windows from backup as I couldn’t fix the driver with DDU. A few times also some USB malfunctioned.
Luckily nothing was broken. For me this happens even on non so exterme setting in EVC because simply my GPU doesn’t like to go much higher than 3400MHz. Any setting above that is unstable and causes hard crashes. It could run one time through Time Spy like it happened a few weeks ago giving that highest score I have.

I am kind of giving up on trying to get higher clocks with my Aqua because I have to admit my chip doesn’t like it and I don’t want to break the GPU trying to push it hard. :fresse:
I was thinking to make it water resistant and try on colder temperatures with Chiller but not sure if that will bring much for my chip.
Most likely will not do it anymore.

Anhänge

• Screenshot_20230521_185928_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230521_185928_Samsung Internet.jpg
    47,1 KB · Aufrufe: 63
That is not that extreme. What was setting in Radeon?
Frequency and voltage curve?
Usually the GPU should not go that extreme on voltages during boosting with these settings but it could be that you setup too high frequency in the Radeon which is unstable for such an VID offset and that is what is causing the crash during TS run.
Or maybe your power supply is getting unstable when lot of power is being pulled by GPU?

I have 1600W corsair AX1600i and set it to single rail just to make sure that the high spikes from GPU doesn’t make it unstable.

As @ApolloX mentioned I also use a separate Win 10 partition for benchmarking and not my working drive. I made a backup with Aomei Backupper after a fresh install and every time something gets corrupted due to benchmarking I restore the partition from the backup.

If I'm remembering correctly, these were my settings. I've got a 1300w evga psu that shouldn't have any problems with this 7900xtx, as I regularly was pulling 600w out of my 6900xt setup beforehand.

Anhänge

• Screenshot_20230528_034344_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20230528_034344_Messenger.jpg
    61,7 KB · Aufrufe: 53
If I'm remembering correctly, these were my settings. I've got a 1300w evga psu that shouldn't have any problems with this 7900xtx, as I regularly was pulling 600w out of my 6900xt setup beforehand.
The lower limit on RDNA3 is better to leave it at 500MHz. Unlike 6900XT it doesn't like when you limit the lower range as GPU can't down clock if needed.

Yes 1300W should be sufficient I think.
When you go from 668 default down on Iout Gain, than every 100 less on Iout Gain means around 75W more power through GPU.
With Iout Gain set to 100 that's around 440W more going through your GPU.

One thing I also noticed on my 7900XTX is that when I have in driver undervolt setting and than I set VID to any even small value, the GPU is sometimes going crazy.:stupid:

In Heaven for example with Radeon Driver set to 3450MHz@ 1100mV and VID offset of 0.025V my GPU boosted like crazy up to 3700MHz until it crashed. :fresse:
If I leave in Radeon voltage at 1150mV when I use VID offset than that doesn't happen.
Not sure if the others also exprienced something similar or it's just my GPU that is acting weird in that case.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Hat schon jemand das Asrock-Bios geflashed?

Meine bootet leider nicht...

Hat schon jemand das Asrock-Bios geflashed?

Meine bootet leider nicht...
Ja meine bootet auch nicht, es scheint man muss erst das normale Aqua BIOS flashen und dann das update durchführen.

Aquabios

480 Watt update

Werde es heute abend versuchen.

Danke, dann flash ich erstmal das normale Aqua Bios..

Ja meine bootet auch nicht, es scheint man muss erst das normale Aqua BIOS flashen und dann das update durchführen.

Aquabios

480 Watt update

Werde es heute abend versuchen.
War das bios file die ich mit GPU-Z generiert habe?

Kann das sein das GPU-Z das file nicht richtig exportiert hat?
War bei 6900XT der Fall am Anfang.
Damals habe ich das bei W1zzard angemeldet und er hat das korrigiert.

Ja war Dein File...

Hat tatsächlich funktioniert. Komisch nur, dass der HWInfo nur noch so wenig anzeigt...

AsrockExtreme.png

Seit ihr bei dem nBios Update eurer XTX Aqua genau nach der Anlwitung gegangen?

Und hat das ohne Probleme funktioniert?

Hab irgendwie ein bisschen Muffe, meine Aqua zu zerschießen, da sie ja nur ein Bios hat.
Die kollegen hier haben kein Aqua.
Die haben bios export von mir benutzt.
Bei dir ist anderes.
Du hast Aqua und kann mit windows utility flashen.

@oese
Ich habe W1zzard ein PM bei TPU geschickt mal schauen was er sagt.

Hat tatsächlich funktioniert. Komisch nur, dass der HWInfo nur noch so wenig anzeigt...

Anhang anzeigen 891117
Vielleicht muss du bei Einstellungen reset von layout machen.
Dann kommt denn rest wieder?

1685282765427.png

Das neue Asrock OC Bios funktioniert auf Red Devil .:bigok:
Mit Pogrammer CH341A das normale Aqua Bios flashen/AsProgrammer 04062021 . Grafiktreiber entfernen . Asrock Pogramm / im Adminmodus starten . Nach Update noch mal den Grafiktreiber entfernen . Danach neuen Grafiktreiber installieren . Die OC-Biosfiles von GpuZ direkt mit CH341A flashen funktioniert wahrscheinlich nicht . Ausnahmen bestättigen die Regel .:coffee2:

Hardwareluxx setzt keine externen Werbe- und Tracking-Cookies ein. Auf unserer Webseite finden Sie nur noch Cookies nach berechtigtem Interesse (Art. 6 Abs. 1 Satz 1 lit. f DSGVO) oder eigene funktionelle Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Webseite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir diese Cookies setzen. Mehr Informationen und Möglichkeiten zur Einstellung unserer Cookies finden Sie in unserer Datenschutzerklärung.

Zurück
Oben Unten refresh