[Sammelthread] Sockel 939 / 940 / 754 - Thread

I get them with bent pins a lot as well. By now I am a master in correcting this.
Too bad they don’t run faster. My fx-55 needed 1.57v to boot 3.1GHz and 1.46v for 3.0GHz.

Wenn Du diese Anzeige nicht sehen willst, registriere Dich und/oder logge Dich ein.
New in, a late Clawhammer FX-55

Edit: Does anybody know up to when they were made (Clawhammers)?

7BA79316-4F6B-4618-B5EE-C6A0FAA6AA0C.jpeg

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Sehr sehr spätes Stepping. Die Clawhammer für Sockel 939 waren im Zeitraum von Juni 2004 bis Mai 2005 (laut Wikipedia). Mein ältester 939er ist aber 0408 und der jüngste ist 0519. Kann also mit der Angabe nicht so ganz hinhauen.

I was testing my Clawhammers fx-55 the last few days (2 of 3). What I noticed so far:
- On my Dr expert with bios 704-2BT and N4ELDB25: no post with half multi’s (like 12.5x or 13.5x).
- On my Dr expert with bios 704-2BT and N4ELDB25: no post with memory on C2.5 or c2 tight (C2-3 works).
- Ultra D with LD329: C2.5 works. No 12.5x or 13x post (at all). 14x and on works.

Great bug free generation so far…

edit: both fx-55 are from from 2005 and caa2c.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Mal ein neuer Opteron ... Headspreader ziemlich used, aber das vergrößert ja die Fläche zur Wärmeabfuhr :LOL:

Kurz auf nem A8N-SLI Premium getestet - läuft.

IMG_2231.jpg

nice, but a broken SATA port. It seems like it shorts something. Probably worth to look for it before using it?
Also nice Micron dimms. 5B-F in GB sticks?

edit.
I like the green PCB.

Thank you for noticing the SATA port as well. I noticed it too. I removed it partially so that it can cause no further issues.
I have to look at those dimms but they should indeed be 1GB‘s.
I think I fixed the NB fan as well, that was not running because of dirt (I didn’t need to turn it on to notice…).
I removed the old thermal paste was as well.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Yes that fan was not connected because I was just planning to fix it. It runs now, a little noisy but working.
The motherboards gives a post so I think this will leed to a succes.
The 2 cpu’s are just dummy’s for me by the way… I have enough better cpu’s.

1648583941420.png

Edit: I have some 280’s and 275’s as well.

That is for the results. Every line a different speed or bench result. I just gave them a few lines in advance.
I just checked the memory. This is OCZ 4x1GB registered ECC C3 memory with Micron 5B ic’s from 0516.

The other cpu’s are 6x 280 (LCB9E) and 4x 275 (2x CCB1E, 1xBW and 1x BB).
Those CCB1E are 0002 and 0020 ending ore something like it (0002 is 100% sure).

I noticed these are 5B D ic’s. Any idea what the expectations are?
5B D are rare and I have almost no experience with these ICs. As far as I know they get hot and are able to clock higher then 5B C.
I had some regular 5B D dimms, but I gave them to stunned.

probably something like 220MHz 2,5-2-2-X, 240MHz / 2,5-3-3-x or 250MHz / 3-3-3-X? Maybe good Chips will do 200MHz / 2-2-2-x ?
A test would be nice.

I wouldn't overvolt them. max 2,8-2,9V ?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Iirc the big 512mbit chips are 5B D, while the smaller 256mbit chips are 5B C, F and 5B G. So 5B D should've been soldered on the 2x1gb Ballistix Kits. Those which were prone to fail at 2.8V and above. However i believe that regular (not binned) Micron varies by a lot. So don't expect too much from these.

You're probably better off with your Infineon reg. ECC sticks.

Also that K8N-DL looks nice. I always liked the greenish simplicity of server grade boards :bigok:

Where do you get all those FX Cpus?
I can't imagine that they all cost >100€.
But if they do i would like to know what your job is, maybe i've got to learn a new one :d

I'm glad that the K8N-DL arrived good from the states :)

Oh what I would give for a CABCE FX-57 :fresse: ...

Judging from my latest sales I have the sneaking suspicion that Sparks could be expecting even more high end 939 stuff :hust: ...

Yup, was quite surprised to see them sell so fast but the destination got me thinking ^^

I would have loved to test them further but I need to cover some past and upcoming expenses, so I started selling things which aren't essential to my collection or where I have duplicates, e.g. the FX-55 :d

Well I thought I would bin the 3 I will now have so I know which is the best. And then see what comes next.
Edit: And I saw them so fast just because I was lucky I guess.

Looking forward to see what you can squeeze out of them, shipped today so hopefully they arrive by the weekend :) .

I should probably try and test my DualCores soon since I can finally watercool them ...

Hardwareluxx setzt keine externen Werbe- und Tracking-Cookies ein. Auf unserer Webseite finden Sie nur noch Cookies nach berechtigtem Interesse (Art. 6 Abs. 1 Satz 1 lit. f DSGVO) oder eigene funktionelle Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Webseite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir diese Cookies setzen. Mehr Informationen und Möglichkeiten zur Einstellung unserer Cookies finden Sie in unserer Datenschutzerklärung.

Zurück
Oben Unten refresh