[Sammelthread] DFI LANparty UT CFX3200-DR (ATI CrossFire CFX3200)

Hallo,

da in Kürze das neue DFI LANparty UT CFX3200-DR erscheint (laut DFI voraussichtlich ab dem 21.03.06 lieferbar) sei an dieser Stelle ein entsprechender Sammelthread ins Leben gerufen.

Bild:
CFX3200-DR.jpg

Erfahrungsberichte und OC-Berichte werden erbeten.

mitlesen tut der herr vom DFI support ja. stellung nemen traut er sich jedoch nicht

echt zum
kotz.gif

bekommt wohl sein monatliches geld fürs nichtstun

Wenn Du diese Anzeige nicht sehen willst, registriere Dich und/oder logge Dich ein.
[Ironie an] Techi du verstehst das einfach nicht. Nicht DFI ist schuld, sondern wir. Wir könnten ja 1200W Netzteile verwenden, und im Raum müssen genau 12% Luftfeuchtigkeit bei 19Grad herrschen damit das Board bugfrei läuft. Ausserdem müssen wir die Ozonschicht beseitigen oder so ähnlich (kann auch am mangelhaften englisch meinerseits liegen das ich den Part nicht so ganz verstanden habe, die Ozonschicht kam darin aber definitiv vor :d), und es muss gerade ne totale Sonnenfinsterniss stattfinden. Dann, aber auch nur gerade dann werden wir alle Vorteile vom CFX wirklich bugfrei geniessen können. :d [Ironie aus]

Ehrlich gesagt finde ich es aber auch ziemlich bescheiden das hier wieder wild rumgelöscht wurde. Somit fehlt ja auch die Drohung vom netten DFI Mitarbeiter. Das sollte man so aber auch mal erwähnen das wir nicht alleine die bösen sind, sondern was sich der Herr vom DFI Support so leistet. Das ist nämlich auch alles andere als Unternehmensorientiert... Die Bugs zum Board sind nunmal unbestritten, ausser DFI will davon natürlich nix wissen. Die Bugs füllten schon hunderte an Forenseiten, bei DFI Street ganze Freds, und trotzdem will DFI davon nix wissen. Kann ja auch sein das wirklich alle CFX User zu dumm für das Board sind, dann liegt natürlich der Fehler nicht bei DFI...

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
ich finde das auch total unverständlich, was dfi mit dem cfx abzieht, auch wenn ich grade mein bugfreies cfx (müsste ja an sich fast ne milliarde wert sein *g vielleicht war das das testsample was dfi getestet hat, deshalb sind die elkos auch so aufgebläht ;) ) gerade wieder genießen darf.

es ist bekannt dass dfi ausgiebig nur mit singlecores getestet hat und es mit dualcores aber probs gibt.

gegen den dfi-support will ich mal nix sagen, grad wendell smith hat mir immer sehr schnell und gut geholfen, egal ob rma oder mal eben ne atx blende.

verstehen tue ich das verhalten bezüglich des cfx aber trotzdem absolut nicht, bzw nur so wie es techi interpretiert, dass es dfi einfach zub teuer kommen würde mit dem cfx, auch wenn inzwischen wohl die meisten boards ausser betrieb sind oder in zweitrechnern und fileservern stecken, so dass man langsam mal darauf eingehen könnte.

es ist ja auch nicht so, dass dfi eine rma verweigert hätte wenn man ein freezendes board hatte, das dumme ist nur, man hat ein freezendes zurückbekommen. und das ist einfach nur *ohne worte* der freezebug ist so penetrant, den kann man nicht nicht bemerken.

dear mr. smith, in short what i have written: to me as well, owning a dfi lp ut 3200cfx myself which does not have the freeze bug, dfi's policy to deny these apparent problems (the raid problem as well) cannot be understood except in terms of costs that dfi does not want to spent on this outdated board or lack of knowledge about how to solve these problems.

I tested two of Keksonators boards myself and experienced the freeze bug which was VERY apparent to me in combination WITH THE EXACTLY SAME HARDWARE and THE EXACTLY SAME SETTINGS i use with my board where there is no freeze bug OBVIOUSLY.

That problem is obvious in a way that ONE CANNOT OVERLOOK THIS!! And much more, EVEN AT TOTALLY STOCK AUTO SETTINGS this occurs, which, on the other hand, were never really stable on this board due to read preamble/max async latency settings choosen too tight in combination with most dimms available.

To treat you right, i'm very pleased with dfi europe's support especially with your help in every situation. BUT, as written before, i cannot understand your (dfi's) policy in the case of the cfx. It would be much more honest if you would state that the board is not supported any longer and these problems will unfortunately remain unresolved.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Gentlemen:

I can see that cooler minds have prevailed, so I will attempt to offer some explanations. The biggest problem here is that you have let yourselves get caught up in a collective crusade. It has been wrongfully assumed that the cold boot issues and the uli bug problem are all "one in the same". A number of you should have reported your individual problems to me a long time ago rather than spending your time trying to launch some sort of collective crusade. Kek you say you have 5 boards with the "cold boot bug". Why have I not seen you speak to me directly at my support address about it? I'll venture a guess why. Because you thought you would let Techtrancer represent your interests as it has been wrongfully assumed that all the issues were related when in fact they are not. Lets look at some of the issues in detail.

Cold boot problems:

Cold boot problems are common to many modern motherboards from many motherboard makers. DFI boards in particular are more prone to it due to the way they are designed. They are built for enthousiasts and as such draw much more power on start-up than similiar boards from our competitors. The +5vsb rating on power supplies is a key factor here. A DFI board such as the CFX can draw up to a peak of 3.0A at boot depending on peripherals. If a PSU is rated at 2.5A on the +5vsb rail and it recieves a "surge request" of 3.0A (even for a brief moment) then this can trip the overload safety mechanisms in the PSU which then shut it down. Basically the PSU is being overloaded in a sense and the net result is that you press the power button and nothing happens. You then need to hit the power button a few times before it starts. Now take this a step further. That +5vsb line is running hot. It is being put under stress for many months. Every day on/off a few times. This will have a gradual "wear and tear" effect on voltage regulating components in both the PSU & on the motherboard over time. Capacitors slowly lose the ability to hold a charge. They discharge and recharge slower. Mosfets that once tightly regulated voltages become "sloppy". What does this lead to? Even more "cold boot problems". It just gets worse and worse to the point of total system failure. If some of you had reported your individual problems to me I might have been able to help some of you. We could have discussed it and if I was convinced of a problem with the board I would have gladly taken a look at it. Instead however time has been wasted discussing on forums how "horrible" things are rather than actually taking individual action to attempt to resolve problems. The factory warranty on most of these boards has long since expired now. It is not my task to troll forums to offer pre-emptive support. It is your task to report individual problems to me.

Uli bug issue:

Ose you asked me just now to be honest and say that the Uli bug issues will not be resolved. Have I not already said that? Techtrancer has taken the liberty a few pages back to quote my emails to him at the time where basically I told him this issue was case closed. Why you may ask? The bottom line is that this issue has proven far to intermittent to be classified as a structural problem. We have had reports of it yes. That I do not deny, but what everyone convieniently forgets is that the vast majority of the owners of this board do not have any problems with it. Back when this issue was new I even accepted a number of boards from people who reported this problem. I tested the boards personally and could not reproduce the problem. My fellow DFI technicians in America and Taiwan were coming to the same parallel conclusions. From the boards admitted for service we were not able to reproduce the issue. The conclusion was that while there might be an issue it has proven far to intermittent to pin. Now couple that with the fact that Nvidia bought out Uli at the time, with the main purpose of giving their competition ATI a smack in the face. It is hardly a surprise that minimal to no support came from Nvidia for the Uli chip after the buyout. Now I know that everyone well cry "But Asus solved the issue!" The Asus board is a different design. Perhaps as a bigger player in the market they had more leverage to twist Nvidias arm to force a resolve on the problem. Perhaps some Asus techno-wizard stumbled across the solution during a late night session. We will never know. The point is that Asus is a seperate company and what they do has no bearing on DFI. Comparisons with them are irrelevent. It is just the way it is.

In summary I'm not an unreasonable person and am willing to help people who report problems to me on an individual basis. But several issues have been lumped together here and a "head knight" was pushed to the front of the pack to solve "the problem". This was the wrong approach as I will never accept a mob armed with assumptions trying to play motherboard technician.

I hope this clears things up for you gents.

dear mr. smith,

in fact that did clear up some things.

at first i want to say that we never decided to push techtrancer in front of a mob, that was a decision he took for himself, and i can in part well understand that because he simply felt like an overlooked owner. so there is no crusade really. we are just interested in finding out what is the cause behind all this and to me your answer given here now is, especially for the uli bug issue, a very reasonable one.

We (if I can talk for the others as well) never got the uli bug mixed up with the cold boot freezing issue. we just put it together because its two unresolved issues with this board, so please excuse this as well as emotions playing a role here too.

we are in fact enthusiasts thats why we buy dfi and we want uncompromised performance from these boards because its the backbone of every high performance overclocked system. and i can feel the disappointment with the cold boot freezes as i experienced these myself with keksonators boards. luckily i never used raid so i was excluded from that problem..

now to those two bugs, the freeze bug and the uli bug.

at first the uli bug: i understand your statement totally. thats just a pitty and one cannot do something about it, i understand that dfi does not have the funds to put a team of engineers to an outdated board to resolve issues that should be resolved by the maker of the chipset, that was unfortunately bought by a competitioner so that support ceased to exist even for the motherboard maker. so far were all lost in that game, dfi and dfi's cfx owners together. so no more talk about that. and i have to apologise to have overlooked the mail techtrancer posted or the sentence in which you stated these facts before.

ok now the freeze bug issue. i want to stress that the freeze bug issue is not the same as a cold boot issue. the freeze bug does not occur during bootup, but after the first bootup after say at least 30minutes power off at some individually altering time sooner or later.

so i doubt your explanation that its due to high power demand on the 5v+ rail, especially because i never had this issue with my board and a quality psu, but with keksonators boards with the same psu.

ok your explanation here is these boards were not treated right before, esp. run with psus not powerful enough, so they weared and now they show this behaviour whatever psu is used. i can understand this point and it is somewhat plausible, but unfortunately we cannot prove this now.

what i want to add to all this is that indeed there are myths about the cfx and its bugs on the net, what is a pitty because this is weakening dfi and ati/amd, what we do not want. we want a strong dfi comapny to provide the best overclocking boards available and we want that good support we experience with dfi normally.

but the dfi support, indeed very good in every other case, seemed to fail when it came to the freezing issue. there were many users here, at xs and at the former dfi/diy street that rmaed their boards after trying out recommended psus, and even with a new board and a new, recommended psu they again had the freezing bug issue and soon after sold their board, went intel or put them on the shelf.

the users suffering from the freeze bug just felt alone with their issue, and it seemed like the dfi technicians did not really understand how and when this issue occured. and it IS reproducible if such a board suffers from that particular issue, we tested that for ourselves, and to add that here, we did not contact dfi because these were second hand boards and that problem was known and apparently there seemed not to be a solution so far the reading here, at xs and dfi/diy forums was. so we started to try to solve and/or look after that problem by ourselves, hoping to find a solution or a board that was not bugged.

myself was very lucky, the first board i got was completely free of the freeze bug, but look at keksonator and techtrancer: keksonator tryed out 4 or 5 boards, all showing this behaviour, techtrancer had at least two of them and other members here as well ALL had this problem. And we were able to reproduce this problem using my hardware that did not show that behaviour with my board. in fact, my board and psu now worked problem-free as far as the freeze bug goes-for 1,5 years now. and the freeze bug appeared with exactly the same hardware and settings with keksonators boards and even at stock settings.

i know that freezes that at a first sight look like the freeze bug spoken of can occur due to many problems, memory incompatibility especially if the system is not overclocked.

secondly, if you even entered the bios and rebooted afterwards, you do not experience the boot bug.

only after a prolonged time powered off and then after the first start, the problem will appear.

so it is difficult indeed to encounter this problem under laboratory and professional conditions, because time the system had to be powered off and the time one has to wait for the freeze bug vary from board to board, but it will show up.

that makes that problem that annoying in everyday use. because in the morning when powered up or in the evening if you want to game or work, it will freeze some time suddenly.

I do not know wether you at dfi have ever received such a description and thus have ever known how to reproduce this bug and thus you cleared cmos, you powered up the system, did adjustments or loaded defaults in the bios, rebootet AND THERE WAS NO BUG! If this was what happened, it is totally clear to me that that problem never showed up in dfi's labs but under our desktops every day.

there is another myth on the net that said dfi only tested with singlecore cpus and there this bug did not appear. this stems from RGone's statement about the freeze bug, that he only tested with singlecores and had no bug and went onto other boards when dualcores showed up at his setup. Can you say ether testing was done with dualcores as well?

And perhaps can you make a statement towards standard testing conditions, that could be responsible to make the bug not show up in your labs?

excuse me, in fact we are no technicians, but we overclock our system siince there were computers, we used dfi since there were the dfi lanparty series and we deal with overclocking trouble every day and indeed most of the time OF COURSE there too low voltage here, too tight a timing there, too weak a psu somewhere else to hot a cpu, too high a clock or whatever, thats everyday experience.

and especially people like techtrancer, keksonator and me know their systems and have a feeling for it. And we do not use cheap power supplies or crappy hardware, because we are enthusiasts indeed. and so we can differenciate after a year of trial between some problem with crappy hardware or incorrect settings and a bug that is individual to that board.

ok, perhaps this makes you understand us better, i hope so, and we are not angry or want to do a crusade, we're just hardcore users that have something to say that cannot be done in short. and of course, a company, perhaps you know that feeling, is always a bit far away, a forum is closer...

so again, i must say that it is a very good sign that you show up here and we can talk about these things in full length... thank you..

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
I think if anything what you have stated just proves the point even more. There is now a seperate freeze issue reported as well. Again this could have been something I could have helped people with at the time. Far too many things were being lumped together here and while Techtrancer may have acted on his own, it still doesn not change the fact that I do not recall others having approached me regarding their individual problems. Tbh I have been an MB tech for over 10 years at 3 different MB makers and I have seen this sort of thing happen on forums often. Everyone starts speculating and lumping problems together. The collective then just gets more angry as they work each other into a frenzy. Finally the "Head Crusader" steps to the front (directly or indirectly) and decides that everyone should "take action" against the "offender". Perhaps you didn't ask him too, but Techtrancer has tried turn this into a crusade none the less. It just makes the problems worse as it clouds them with emotion and confuses seperate issues. The bottom line is don't let yourself be included in or, even facilitate collective speculation.

@ Bulldog72

it is fine that you post here again!

nobody wants to start an Crusade!
we only want an answer and sulutions for this problems, because we spend realy much time to the bugs, because we dont want to give up this mainboard.
öse write it good! we are Enthusiasts and you can see this realy good on ouer use!
keksonator bye 5 of this mainboard, öse bye 2 ore more an i bye also two of them!
and we all spend realy much time with the bugs. manny days, many nights and realy many houers!
and also much money only to have a bugfree mainboard!
we test mani different powersuply ore different ram,........we do everything we can do to get an bugfree CFX.
For example i bye 3 different powersupply and all of them were expensive and no 0815 powesupply only to have an working workstation.
finaly ist brought nothing and i could not even use the mainboard as a surfstation, because when the mainboard is in a network it restarts alone!
if you shutdown the mainboard it restarst from alone a little bit later!
also i can not use the mainboard as a Server because only the 4 slow sata ports without raid 5 of the 8 sata ports works nice!

the biggest frustration is, that the CFX war promoted as the best of all 939 mainboards with ati chipset and finaly it was the worst one :-(

you know it. Word of mouth is the best promotion! and normaly if anybody has an good mainboard he will say this to his friends and the will say this to their friends and so on......

but if anybody had problems, Word of mouth could also be the worst promotion!

normaly i want to bye an DFI AM2+ ore AM3 mainboard again. but because i have so big problems with the CFX now i bye one of asus, because i have fear to have problems with an DFI mainboard again .

For example. last time i had a problem with my digital camera. it was 3,5 years old and so it has no guarantee. but after 3,5 yers it was death without external and so i telephone with the manufacturer and he says, that this digital camera has an manufacturing error and i will get an new one.
so i talk to my friends " if you want to bye an digital camera, bye it from this manufacturer. it has an realy good support"

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
@ bulldog: so you did not know about that particular freeze issue at all? of course, its not your fault. at least not alone.

I think we all can learn a lot from this case, we as users should trust in the technicians and provide them all information we could give. i will do that in the future even more pronounced then already.

to the crusade: please dont get us wrong. dfi is suffering here because of many other mainboard makers do not have a support that would even listen to the most obvious problems. so the user (we) do not really know hwo the information is perceived in a particular case, or how much does the support know about that problem already. so one fills out the problem description form, and such a diffuse term like "cold boot issue" is taken in a completele misunderstanding, which is not dfi's fault, but just business as it is.

i learn the following: you have to be a dfi user for some years and deal with the support to get to know peolpe like you are there. thats not the case with other companys. so if the cfx is your first board and you hope that there will be a BIG HUGE OVERCLOCk at the first try and then something wents wrong you read on the net about a "cold boot issue" or ULI bug and you will copy and paste this together because really users are no technicians.

but dfi's boards are specialised to power users. many self-confidnt so called power users do not know enough to provide good and sufficient problem descriptions, and perhaps dont even have a power supply that would meet the board's requirements. I understnad that very well, we in this forum deal with overclocking-newcomers ourselves every day and in some way help dfi to sell their products and to make people happy with it.

so there should be a good understanding between forum people and those you technicians, as it is in forums like the former dfi street and xs. forumdeluxx is germanys biggest forum but unfortunately we dont have german language dfi people, which is no problem in theory, but makes this forum different from those big american forums.

we know about many problems that you have with users from our own experience because we meet them here in the forum, so be convinced that REALLY we understand your point that is simply: PROVIDE US GOOD AND SUFFICIENT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS AND WE WILL HELP YOU!

I want to point out that this is somewhat unigue to DFI and one of the main points i sticked to dfi since my first nF3. But please understand that this is not normal and so not many users know this and take it as an excuse like with so many other companies.

I personally will take this as a good advise and deal with problems that way in future.

now two things: would you be interested to provide support (in english is ok as well) in a separate dfi support thread? we have this already with a corsair tech.

the other thing: we will communicate what you have stated here even if that will mean more emails to your dfi adress ;) please understand: it is common nowadfays because of the fast-lived pc-business that products hit the market that are not fully tested. we have to make the agreement that especially with dfi's enthusiast boards this can be the case now and then, we get very potent boards, and you support guys offer good support in return to get such issues done. i (and i think techtrancer and keksonator as well) could agree with that, now hopefully many other people that just want a BIG OVERCLOCK at the first try could think thats not what they want, but we will see (theyre on the intel side since c2d came up whatsoever, keksonator only went intel because of cfx-headache ;) )

ok no more kidding: i would appreciate a dfi support forum thread/part in this forum if you would think thats a good idea.. this is not the official dfi forum i know (and i'm also active in the dfi club forum), but as with corsair this would give people here the feeling dfi cares about us (what you do, no dobt, but that way you can show it to more people and i'd think that would be great for dfi also.. perhaps then you be able to provide us with such wonderful boards like the m2r i have for a long time due to good sales in germany).

I would talk to the admins to get that done and i think, we could thus open a good channel for direct communication with you.

could you agree? of course i do not want to pressurize you, but perhaps you feel like it would be a good thing as well? then theres much more possibility to not get angry for us.. you understand ;)..

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
To get into the freeze issue I would again need to speak with you one on one via support, as I would have a number of questions regarding specs, usage, frequency of problem, etc. Off the top of my head "freezing" can be caused by any number of issues. Strain on the +12v rails, heat dissapation, memory settings, or even simple driver issues. I wouldn't want to generalize on the issue without knowing more specifics.

Regarding your offer to actively offer support on this forum I'm afraid I will have to decline. The reason being that I am only one man and I have a responsibility to all DFI boards owners in the entire European area. I couldn't show favortism towards any one forum over all the others throughout Europe. I just don't have the time to spend all day on forums either as I have other duties to attend to. Users are always free to approach me via the standard support channels thou. When a user fills out the EU support form on our website it will land on my desktop. I will always make all efforts to reply to all mails. The reply might not always be the one you want, and it might not have a happy ending (like the uli issue), but you will get a reply. I don't even mind if you email me in German, but please keep it simple as my German is quite bad.

well then i will send you an email about THAT particular freeze issue and keksonator, techtrancer and me will collect different system specs under which we have observed this behaviour and send them to you.

very interesting thou that the cold boot freeze issue is not known already, i never imagined such...

but this is in fact the most irritating bug we ever had come across, as it will not happen again after just one restart. after one restart the systems run for days. thats the sure sign that it is that bug we speak of.

you will hear from us soon..

Support to Techtrancer has been cut due to attitude and the fact that he no longer owns the board. However I will field any questions from you, Kek or any other individual who wishes to have a civil discussion. Please keep in mind as well that I can't get into any discussions about OCing/running the boards out of spec being an official DFI rep. Those matters are best left to forums like this. XS and DFI Club are useful sources of info as well.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
of course, but techtrancer can give information as well as he is also very keen on hardware and we know each other well.

overclocking and running out of spec really is not the issue here. these boards will freeze even at stock (with adjusted that is lossened max async/read preamble timings as well) and when running flawlessly after the first restart, regardless if you let all ram settings at auto (indeed that runs worse then all set correctly but thats not the matter as well as we know a lot about ram and timings), even at optimized defaults.

i will write as soon as possible..

@Techi:THX für die PN war schon lange nicht mehr hier !

Ich werde dem DFI Support auch noch mal mein Spezifikationen mailen!

@Öse und Kekso:Übrigens geht nach nem Cmos clear jetzt komischerweise auch C´n`Q einwandfrei.Schon ulkig ,werd das Gefühl aber auch nicht los damit das Bios der Übeltäter ist.

mfg.

hehe bin jetzt auch wieder aufm cfx unterwegs weil mein m2r in die rma muss und tja geil wie immer :d

ich rate jedem zu einem cold-boot freeze-bug freien cfx xD

;) nich böse sein..

dafür hast du das ebenfalls bugfreie asus..

aber gibs zu eigentlich findest du das cfx geiler :d sonst würdest ja nicht auf dem noch rumgurken mitm tisch-sys..

oder du bist a) masochist b) wissenschaftler und möchtest das verhalten der seltenen und sehr individuellen spezies der cfx und ihrer untergattungen weiterhin intensif erforschen :lol:

mmh bringt mich auf die idee wissenschaftler sind doch eigentlich immer masochisten? ...

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Find ich gut, dass sich der Herr hier im Forum zu Wort meldet! So können hoffentlich einige Probleme aus dem Weg geräumt werden...

Also ich hatte 2 verschiedene CFX. Das erste war komplett bugfrei, lief mit nem San Diego (deswegen gabs eventuell keinen Freezebug, hatte leider nie einen DualCore auf dem Board) bis sich das Board auf mysteriöse Weise verabschiedet hat...

Das zweite (da hatte ich mittlerweile nen Opteron DC) hatte gleich von Anfang an irgendwie nen totales Problem. Nach jedem Ausschalten wollte das Teil nicht booten. Ob der Bug da war, weiß ich leider nicht... auf jedenfall wurde dieses repariert und ich hatte den Freeze Bug und auch immer mal wieder die berühmtberüchtigten Lags im Windows... Hatte mich aber irgendwie damit abgefunden.
Als ich dann das M2R als Erstsystem aufgebaut hab (was zweifelsohne ein starkes Board ist, was besseres hab ich noch nicht gehabt), wanderte das CFX mit dem Opteron in ein HTPC Case und wurde als Fileserver benutzt. Da die Belüftung dort ziemlich mies war, lief der Opteron @ stock + untervoltet, mein Kingston lief dabei auf 520MHz... und ich hatte keinen Coldboot Bug mehr! Das lässt mich eigentlich dadrauf schließen, dass das ganze irgendwie mit der Stromversorgung der CPU zu tun haben muss. Gleichzeitig habe ich aber ebenfalls das Netzteil gewechselt (interessanterweise von einem recht teuren BeQuiet Dark Power Pro auf ein ziemlich billiges Delux Netzteil), also irgendwo dort muss der Hund tatsächlich begraben sein.

Was mich interessieren würde: Es gibt einige Boards, bei denen das NB Lüfterkabel schwarz-rot-gelb ist, andere haben ein schwarz-rot-blaues. Bei ersteren Boards konnte man nie den Coldboot Bug feststellen, bei letzteren aber immer... Kann aber auch dadran liegen dass die ersteren immer mit einem SingleCore betrieben wurden... keine Ahnung.

Nun ja, mein CFX liegt hier neben mir, da sich leider das Netzteil verabschiedet hat. Normalerweise würd ichs verkaufen, da ich eigentlich eh ein Notebook brauche, aber irgendwie kann ich mich nicht davon trennen ;)

oha soviel neues hier :eek: wobei mir die erkärungen seitens des supports immer noch nicht helfen. hab mehrere nts auf dem board gehabt und es gibt immer noch freezes (all@stock settings und nem single core). bin froh nen reset-knopf zu haben. andernfalls könnte ich wohl dauernd den rechner aufschrauben.

demnächst mach ich nochmal nen längeren test mit nem Corsair HX520. des lief ja mit dem X38 LT ohne irgendwelche probleme.

@€dit: ich hatte vorher nen A8R32 MVP. das lief ohne irgendwelche auffälligkeiten mit nem sany. wenn ich mich nedd irre kamen die beiden boards recht zeitnahe raus. daher gibts nur zwei möglichkeiten: A: DFI hat was am board selber vermurkst welches nicht zu beheben ist oder B: sollte Asus wirklich irendwas erfahren haben, so sollte es auch beim DFI per BIOS behebbar sein.

@€dit2: wobei des board demnächst eh ausgetauscht wird. hab noch nen 775er asus wiedergefunden :fresse:

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
hab versucht noch mal details mit dem support zu besprechen, aber da ich kein cfx mit dem freezebug hab wurde mir gesagt die leute mit freezebug sollten sich noch mal direkt an den support wenden.

evtl. hast du da ja nochmal bock drauf??

Moins!

Also das was der DFI Support Mensch hier als Kaltstartbug aufgeführt hat, das man den Rechner beim Kaltstart erst paarmal An-Tasten muss bevor er startet ist kein typisches CFX3200 Problem meiner Meinung nach. Die Ausführungen dass da das Netzteil als schuldiger festgestellt wurde kann ich ja vieleicht noch glauben. Das DFI aber immer noch nichts von DEM CFX Bug schlechthin, dem Kaltstartfreezebug gehört haben will, sorry, da setzt es bei mir aus. Das ist einfach unglaublich immer noch sowas zu behaupten. Den Bug haben 99% aller CFX User die nen Dual Core betreiben, und das hat der DFI Support nicht erst in den letzten Tagen hier erfahren. Ich habe mich durch hunderte Forenseiten hier, oder bei DFI Street gequält die sich alle um den Kaltstartfreezebug gedreht haben, es wurde einfach keine Lösung gefunden. Komischerweise habe ich aber im Zusammenhang mit dem CFX NIE!!! etwas von diesem ominösen Kaltstartbug gelesen wo das Board erst nach paar Startversuchen dann endlich gestartet hat. Da erzählt uns der DFI Mensch irgendwie immer noch Käse. Mag sein das es den Bug auch gab, in der Anfangszeit vom CFX wo das Board noch 200€ gekostet hat, und dann am Netzteil gespart werden musste. Aber heutzutage sind eigentlich alle Netzteile mehr oder weniger zu gebrauchen. Den Kaltstartfreezebug habe ich übrigens auf meinen 4 CFX Boards immer, egal ob der CPU mit Standardtakt und untervolted betrieben wird, oder bis zur Schmerzgrenze übertaktet. Ich hab 5 Netzteile durchprobiert, angefangen vom billigen LC Power bis hin zum Corsiar HX520 was alles andere als ein Billig NT ist. Trotzdem gabs immer den Kaltstartfreezebug. Ich hab diverse Ramsorten probiert, MDT, Samsung, TakeMS, Kingston und Nanya, aber es änderte sich NICHTS. Was will uns der DFI MEnsch also erzählen? Das wir keine Techniker sind und deswegen alle keine Ahnung haben? Ich hab mich jetzt fast ein Jahr tagtäglich mit dem CFX auseinander gesetzt, wie Öse oder Techtrancer auch. Und da kennt man seine Boards, und kann sehr wohl zwischen Instabiltit weil zuviel OC oder einfach einem Bug vom Board unterscheiden. Das will uns der gute DFI Support aber leider nicht zugestehen... Weil das einfach indiskutabel ist das man das Board nichtmal paar Tage in Betrieb lassen kann ohne das irgendwelche Scheisse passiert. Angefangen vom Kaltstartfreezebug, dann der Uli Bug, der Lan Bug, der erste 3DAnwendung amTagRebootBug... Vieleicht bin ich auch kein richtiger sogenannter Enthusiast der sein DFI Board bis ans Maximum ausreizt bis fast gar nix mehr geht weil ich mit dem Board auch zocke oder ins Internet gehe, oder mal paar Tage anlasse fürs Video rendern oder sowas. Denn dafür ist irgendwie kein DFI Board geeignet. Bis ans Maximum clocken, klar kein Problem. Aber Alltagsaufgaben erledigen und einfach rundlaufen, ne das konnte und kann irgendwie kein DFI Board. Letztendlich haben mich die Bugs vom CFX aber so sehr genervt das ich einfach nen Schlussstrich gezogen habe. Nicht nur unter dem CFX, sondern allgemein unter AMD. Mit nem 3,1Ghz AMD Dual Core wäre man zwar immer noch ordentlich unterwegs, aber dann wäre ich wieder am Sockel939 gebunden gewesen. Beim Wechsel auf AM2 käme auch nur das DFI 790FX Board in Frage. Aber da ist genau das passiert was Techtrancer geschildert hat, ich hatte einfach Angst mich wieder auf das DFI Abenteuer einzulassen um dann am Ende wieder enttäuscht zu werden. So sieht es nunmal aus, DFI baut zwar tolle Übertakterboards, aber für den normalen User der seine Hardware ausreizen will, aber auch ein stabiles und rundes System sucht ist DFI definitiv nix. Daher der Wechsel auf Intel. Das Commando das ich gekauft habe hab ich extrem günstig bekommen. Es läuft auf Anhieb ohne Macken, hat keinerlei Bugs, eine gigantische Performance und es läuft vor allem trotz OC bis ans Maximum 100%ig stabil und zuverlässig. Rechner an, und ich kann alles machen, egal ob ich den Rechner nur 5min brauche, oder 2 Wochen durchlaufen lasse. Das brauch man mit DFI gar nicht erst versuchen. Ich finde es nur etwas schade das gerade DFI durch ihre Support Politik nicht nur mich von AMD weggebracht hat, obwohl ich mir vor über 12 Jahren geschworen hatte nie wieder ein Intel Sys zu kaufen. So kanns gehen, und alles nur wegen paar Bugs die sich DFI selbst nach 3 Jahren nicht eingestehen will. Wer mag kann mein Statement ja gerne noch auf englisch übersetzen für Herrn Wendell Smith. Ich persönlich hab aber keine Lust mehr mich für dumm verkaufen zu lassen mit dem CFX. Warum soll sich jeder einzelne mit dem Kaltstartfreezebug bei ihm melden? Er kann doch hier Tips geben die jeder Bug geplagte mal testen kann... Ja wenns dafür ne Lösung gäbe. Er schlägt dann nur wieder so sinnlose Sachen vor wie 1200W NEtzteil verwenden, alle Speicherslots durchtesten, oder bestimmte Einstellungen im Bios. Es wäre ja sogar lustig wenn man nicht schon alles probiert hätte, denn mehr vorschlagen oder irgendwelche Zauberkniffe aus dem Arsch ziehen kann Herr Smith nämlich auch nicht. So, ich habe fertig, mit DFI und AMD. :(

der schuldige ist ja bereits gefunden.

ALLE sind schuld blos DFI kann nix dafür

ich probier es noch mal mit nem DFI, aber diesmal auch intel.
wenn dieses board auch solche bugs hat, bring ich es eigenhändig nach holland und knall es denen an die birne!
holland und die coffeeshops bzw das eine oder andre clubbing wollt ich mir e schon immer mal ansehen

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
@ Kekso: Kann dich da wirklich gut verstehn. Ist wirklich ärgerlich wenn man da so viel Zeit reinsteckt und nix bei rumkommt.

Zum 790FX kann ich dir aber sagen, dass kein bisschen verbuggt ist. Hab das Board mittlerweile nen halbes Jahr so ziemlich jeden Tag laufen und es macht überhaupt keine Zicken. Und das ist bei so ziemlich allen Usern hier im Luxx der Fall. Super Teil. Auch mit verschiedenen Netzteilen. Und das Teil wurde nicht unbedingt schonend behandelt von mir (350MHz HTT+ ^^). Es ist auch nicht so ne Bootzicke wie das CFX, das Teil läuft auch bei sehr scharfen Timings an. Das Einzige, was man dem Teil negativ ankreiden kann, ist dass die Spawas zischen. Lässt sich mit CrystalCPUID aber im Idle problemlos umgehen.

Wie gesagt, kann verstehen, dass du verdammt sauer auf DFI bist... aber dass die Boards für den Alltag nicht brauchbar sind kann ich so nicht unterschrieben. Das CFX ist da einfach nen Fall für sich.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
frag mal öse zu seine beiden defakten lan ports vom 790fx von DFI

bei andren boards ist es leider nicht viel besser :-(

ich sehne mich nach nem reinen AMD board!

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
frag mal öse zu seine beiden defakten lan ports vom 790fx von DFI

Moins

Hehe, bei nem Enthusiastenboard sollten die Lanports eigentlich nicht aussteigen wenn man mal den PCIe Takt höher als 100Mhz schraubt... *gg*

Und zwitschernde Spawas würden mich persönlich auch schon extrem stören. Bei nem High End Board erwarte ich eigentlich auch High End Komponenten. Das die Spawas zwitschern liesse sich nämlich schon seitens DFI umgehen indem man wertigere Bauteile verwendet. Dann müsste man nicht mit ChrystalCPUID nachhelfen, was aber mit den Phenoms noch nicht funktioniert. ;)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
naja ich weiss eben nicht worans lag mit den beiden lan ports. ansonsten unterschreibe ich aber faints statement, und da mein cfx keine freezes produziert bin ich sogar mit dem glücklich und war es auch mit dem nF3.

Ich weiss aber dass ich hinsichtlich cfx die totale ausnahme bin und kann es auch gut verstehen dass man auf dfi-abenteuer nach so etwas keine lust mehr hat. so ist das halt, wenn man von einem hersteller so enttäuscht wurde. und das darf man auch sein. sonst wäre man dumm.

ich für meinen teil bin mit dem am2+-dfi aber sehr zufrieden, das mit den lanports wird sich entweder als einmaliger ausrutscher oder als dauerprob herausstellen, dann werde ich mein urteil bilden. ein verbuggtes board wäre ok (cfx) nur verbuggte boards kann ich zu dfi (noch?) nicht sagen. gerade die anderen "high end" am2+-boards haben teils auch extreme schwierigkeiten. man wird sehen ob das mit den sb750-boards besser oder schlechter wird. sonst siegt eben die konkurrenz. würde auch mir wehtuen.. wer will schon einen monopolistenmarkt. aber man muss seine konsequenzen ziehen. nur so funktioniert das geschäft...

@öse und Faint, ja ihr habt schon recht mit dem DFI 790FX dass das wohl um Welten besser ist als das CFX. Nur wer hat es vorher gewusst? Es hätte genau so eine Katastrophe werden können, und darauf hatte ich keinen Bock. Wer einmal von einer Firme wie DFI und deren Support so schwer enttäuscht, und was viel schlimmer ist, verarscht wurde, der hat auch keinen Bock mehr sich nochmal jemals ein Produkt dieser Firma zu kaufen. Mich würde immer wieder die Angst beschleichen das wieder irgendwelche Bugs auftreten oder das irgendwelche Scheisse mit dem Board ist. Ein DFI NF4 Board kam für mich auch nie in Frage, da man für jeden Ram ein eigenes Bios brauch, jedes Bios andere Probleme mit sich bringt und sich die Spawas auch selbst auslöten wenn man nicht aktiv kühlt. Sowas hasse ich ja, ein Board wo man noch selber 26 Lüfterchen drauf richten muss damit es sich nicht mittels spontaner Selbstentzündung zerstört. Vieleicht bin ich auch etwas zu anspruchsvoll, oder wirklich kein Enthusiast. Keine Ahnung, jedenfalls bin ich ein für alle mal von DFI geheilt. Vieleicht liest das ja hier Wendell Smith und sagt was dazu. Ach halt, jetzt werde ich bestimmt wieder verdächtigt nen Kreutzzug gegen DFI anzuzetteln...:lol: Auch wenn DFI nur ne kleine Firma ist, sowas darf man sich heutzutage einfach nicht mehr erlauben. Gerade eben wenn man ne kleine Firma ist. Denn ist das Image einmal kaputt und alle User davon gelaufen hilft das beste Produkt nichts mehr.

@Öse, ja ich verstehe deine vorsichtige Wortwahl schon. ;) Du bist ja einer der wenigen die Glück mit dem CFX hatten. Aber auch du müsstest ja wissen dank meiner CFX Leihgaben was das für Scheisse ist jeden Morgen erstmal auf den Kaltstartfreeze warten zu müssen bevor man vorsichtig beginnen kann den Rechner zu nutzen. Bei mir war eben die Konsequenz einfach mit dem ganzen Mist abzuschliessen und AMD den Rücken zu kehren. Klar, das ist schon ne Flucht in die vieleicht falsche Richtung. Heutzutage darf man über sowas aber eigentlich nicht mehr nachdenken, sondern man kauft einfach das was einem das beste Preisleistungsverhältnis bietet, gepaart mit einer guten Ergonomie. Und das bietet Intel nunmal zweifelsfrei, denn der AMD Preisvorteil existiert auch nur noch auf dem Papier.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
lol es ist ja echt kein kreuzzug. wie gesagt ich kann das gut verstehen und sogar nachempfinden, habe ja zwei cfx mit kaltstartbug benutzt und eins sogar von Dir gekauft.

es gilt eben auch bei pcs das sprichwort drum prüfe wer sich *gefühlt* ewig bindet...

lol naja und enthusiast... ich finds ok wenn man ewig an nem board rumtesten kann, wenn es letztlich auch früchte bringt. wenn man tag um tag reinsteckt um nur noch mehr gefrustet zu werden dan ist das einfach nur indiskutabel. da ist es auch egal ob enthusiast oder nicht. was auch immer dieses wort bedeutet...

ich bin mir sicher dfi baut auch nicht nur boards für wr-jäger wie stunny oder gianni-gt. dann würden die in Europa je Serie 5 stück absetzen. die müssen sich schon an alltagsaufgaben messen. und das cfx ist ein debakel, wie teilweise ja auch eingestanden (ULI)..

Man kann nur hoffen dass sich sowas nicht wiederholt, vor allem nicht mit bugs die so teure boards so unverkäuflich machen wie das cfx. die reine geldvernichtung. So kann sich eine Firma schon selbst vernichten.

Obs nun DFIs schuld ist oder nicht ka. Ich denke da muss man auch nicht drüber reden. Übel nehmen kann man in jedem Fall die verschleierungstaktik. Das ist unfein. Für mich können es andere Sachen teilweise wieder gut machen wie der rma service oder ansonsten unkomplizierte support, nur bei DEM cfx bug versagt irgendwie alles.

Und davon kann man schon paranoid werden.. Ich hab teilweise freeze-ängste gehabt als ich das verbuggte cfx hier hatte. selbst beim rechner auf der arbeit denke ich manchmal immer noch für millisekunden der rechner sei gefreezt und wische hastig mit der maus hin und her.. und meine frau hat das auch :lol:

hust... also warten musste ich auf den bug nicht. Bin irgendwann drauf gekommen einfach das Board 2-4x bis zum post booten zu lassen und danach den Reset Knopf zu drücken und das Ding lief wie Schnitzel. Ärgerlich, aber effektiv ^^

Und davon kann man schon paranoid werden.. Ich hab teilweise freeze-ängste gehabt als ich das verbuggte cfx hier hatte. selbst beim rechner auf der arbeit denke ich manchmal immer noch für millisekunden der rechner sei gefreezt und wische hastig mit der maus hin und her.. und meine frau hat das auch :lol:

signed :fresse:

also den zigmal starten bis es wirklich starten bug hatte ich bei meinem CFX auch. aber nun nicht mehr. frag mich nedd warum. nur hängen bleibts immer mal wieder im betrieb.

mir aber nun wurscht. kommt entweder in den schrank oder es wird günstig verkauft. hab heute nen A8N32 gekauft. habs damals schon bereut eben jenes verkauft zu haben.

mein LT X38 läuft dafür ohne mucken. geht also doch :d großartig neu investieren tu ich bis zum nehalem eh nedd mehr. wobei ich im mom wieder nen asus laufen hab (mein gutes i975Xer WS)... wenn es einem nciht aufs aussehen oder die einstellungen ankommt würd ich immer zu nem asus und nicht zum DFI greifen.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Hardwareluxx setzt keine externen Werbe- und Tracking-Cookies ein. Auf unserer Webseite finden Sie nur noch Cookies nach berechtigtem Interesse (Art. 6 Abs. 1 Satz 1 lit. f DSGVO) oder eigene funktionelle Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Webseite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir diese Cookies setzen. Mehr Informationen und Möglichkeiten zur Einstellung unserer Cookies finden Sie in unserer Datenschutzerklärung.

Zurück
Oben Unten refresh